I am always looking for more creative ways to spice up my homemade granola, and finding something that tastes like a popular treat is always a bonus. I actually stumbled upon this accidentally, just mixing chocolate and peanut butter and making some tasty granola.
It’s been awhile since I have had an Oreo, but this granola definitely reminded me of one, so….
“Oreo” peanut butter cookie granola was born!
"Oreo" peanut butter cookie homemade granola #glutenfreePrint Rate
- 6 cups gluten-free oats
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4-1 cup peanut butter
- Set oven to preheat at 330 degrees
- Heat peanut butter, applesauce and maple syrup in a small sauce pan on medium-low heat. Stir frequently until fully blended and peanut butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl (and I mean large) mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread 1/3 of the ingredients onto the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then mix the granola around on the pan and bake for another 10-15 more.
I avoid grains most days but every once in awhile I do grab a handful of this.
Because I can.
And it’s tasty.