This Sugar detox cookie recipe is absolutely a must try! Easy way to start your 21 Day Sugar Detox with these not sugar added and crunchy cookies.
I know some critics of Paleo and some other similar style eating philosophies criticize people who try and make "desserts" and sweet treats even if they fall within the guidelines. But let's be honest, we all love a sweet treat every once in awhile and honestly I think it's more emotional than anything. If it satisfies your craving to have one of these treats, why not enjoy it?
The 21 Day Sugar Detox book has a recipe for a Not-Sweet Cinnamon Cookie that I really enjoyed. It had the right texture for a cookie and once my brain accepted that it was sweet enough, it really was very tasty.
But I'm not going to give you that recipe. You have to buy the book for that one.
I cooked mine a bit too long so they were a bit dry, but still good. So absolutely don't overcook. I'd like to try these with pumpkin next time.
I have to admit I do like the original version of these cookies a bit better (from the book) because they are sweeter. But these are nice to have in the house because if I do want to grab a quick snack, it will tide me over before a meal.
Sugar Detox Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Set out a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat
- Melt coconut oil if needed
- In a mixing bowl stir together almond butter, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. This isn't easy so be prepared to stir for a bit to get it all blended together.
- Slowly stir in the cinnamon and the coconut flour until blended and then add in the shredded coconut and pecans.
- Scoop out onto baking sheet in small clumps - should make 8-10 depending upon desired size.
- Flatten clumps with a fork to about ¼" thick (you may need some extra coconut flour to use on the fork so it doesn't stick to the cookies)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- DO NOT over-bake these. They will dry out.