I am very particular about the food my family eats, particularly when it comes to chicken. I want my family to have only the best free from anything extra. I like to know where our chicken comes from and know that it was raised in a natural environment. I choose cage free chicken that has had antibiotics and has been fed a vegetarian diet with no animal by-products.
Basically, I want chicken like my ancestors had chicken. Fresh. Natural. Simple.
Eat Like Your Ancestors.
One of my kids most favorite chicken recipe uses two of our very favorite ingredients - in addition to chicken of course - bacon and maple syrup.
- 2½ lb of boneless - skinless Harvestland® by Perdue® chicken breasts
- 2 lb potatoes - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 strips of bacon
- 3 cups frozen or fresh green beans
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced onions
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place greens beans in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Add potatoes on top of green beans.
- Wrap bacon around chicken breasts - divide the 12 pieces evenly between the number of pieces of chicken.
- Melt butter and mix with olive oil.
- Drizzle over chicken and veggies evenly.
- Season with salt, pepper, minced onions and thyme.
- Slowly pour maple syrup over the entire dish.
- Bake for about an hour or until potatoes are tender and chicken has reached the proper internal temperature.
This is delicious. It's easy to make, I love that I can get my kitchen cleaned up while it is cooking and my kids love it.