These low carb cauliflower steaks with bacon and cheese sauce will knock your socks off! The sauce is amazing. I am going to use this sauce for other things it's so good. I think it would be great with chicken, over green beans, and more.
How to cut cauliflower steaks
The hardest part of this recipe is actually cutting the cauliflower into steaks. I found some of it fell apart, especially as i got near the edge, but I just put the loose pieces on the pan as well and cooked it all as if it was cut into steaks. It's obviously not as pretty as the steaks, but you have no control over the structure of the head of cauliflower.
I kind of fell in love with that cutting board. I think I need to get one. Coincidentally I just bought a package of those flour sack kitchen towels. They are my new favorite towel and pretty affordable too.
In some ways this reminds me of my bacon wrapped asparagus recipe and I suspect this same idea would work amazing for bacon wrapped cauliflower. I am definitely going give this a try!
But this cheese sauce was so amazing I actually had 2 servings of this side dish! We enjoyed it with my baked to perfection keto parmesan crusted pork chops and I even dipped some of my pork chop in the cheese. Delicious.
Loving cauliflower and looking for a great cauliflower appetizer? Try this super easy and delicious easy and delicious air fryer cauliflower bites, they remind me of buffalo wings. Or try our roasted roasted whole with Parmesan cheese which is easy, delicious and popular.
Low Carb Cauliflower Steaks with Bacon and Cheese Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the head of cauliflower into 6 pieces, as equal as you can and place them on the baking sheet. If it falls apart, just do your best to lay the pieces out on the sheet in a steak shape.
- Drizzle the steaks with the olive oil and add salt and pepper to each steak to taste.
- Roast for 15 minutes, flip to the other side, then roast for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, combine heavy cream, cheese, mustard, garlic, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper and sriracha (if using) in a large saucepan.
- Stir continuously over medium heat until combined, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until cauliflower is ready.
- Serve each slice topped with the cheese sauce, some bacon and some chives (divide evenly across the 6 pieces).