I don’t know what it is about low carb pork chops, but I just can’t seem to photograph them well, and my low carb creamy Parmesan pork chops recipe is no exception. Although I do think they photographed better than my low carb Parmesan Dijon pork chops.
Both recipes are delicious, so luckily people recognize that it doesn’t have to look pretty to taste amazing. My Parmesan Dijon pork chops have 60,000 Pins, and this low carb creamy Parmesan pork chops recipe is just as good. Just don’t stare at the pictures too long.
You can make these with any sized thin pork chops. Mine were super tiny for some reason. If you have thick pork chops, you may have to increase the initial cooking time.
The sauce is really good!
Low Carb Pork Chops – Pan Fried Pork Chops in Creamy Parmesan Sauce
Like I said, they don’t make the prettiest picture, but they are tasty!
Low Carb Creamy Parmesan Pork Chops
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste to both sides of each chop.
- Add chops to skillet and cook on each side until browned. Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 8-10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Transfer chops to a plate and cover with foil.
- Make a slurry with the arrowroot powder and water - add the arrowroot to the water and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the pan again over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the arrowroot slurry and heavy cream and stir until combined then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Add the chops back to the pan and serve.