In our busy household I can’t even count the number of times each week this fall where we get to mid-afternoon and we begin to scramble to figure out what we will have for dinner. It seems like this happens more and more frequently with back-to-school and as the holidays begin to ramp up. Usually we can put together something decent, but sometimes we really wish we had the ability to prep dinner in the morning and have it magically ready to eat at dinnertime.
Well, we all know that with a slow cooker this is possible, but thanks to the Hamilton Beach Set & Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker, not only is it possible, but it’s easy too!
The Hamilton Beach Set & Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker has everything you need to create a tasty yet easy to prepare meal and even has some extra bells and whistles to help ensure your dinner is amazing!
- 3 cook settings – probe, program and manual.
- Thermometer probe to ensure meat is cooked to perfection. Temperature displays on the slow cooker display.
- A clip-on spoon that stays right where you need it.
- Gasketed lid with wire side clips to ensure a tight fit for travel.
- Fits up to a 6 lb chicken or a 4 lb roast.
- Removable crock that is easy to clean.
- Power interrupt protection to keep your food cooking even during a brief power outage.
The Set & Forget is easy to use, and takes just a minute or two to understand the controls. You can use a program, manually set a temperature or use the probe setting to cook the meat until it reaches a specific temperature.
I love that the lid latches to keep it secure and also to keep as much heat inside the slow cooker as possible. The latches stay cool too so you can latch and unlatch while the food is cooking if you need to.
The small hole in the lid allows the probe to stay in the meat during the cooking process without having to remove the lid.
Overall I am impressed with all of the great features of this slow cooker and look forward to much easier meal times ahead! This taco soup recipe was one of the first things we made in this slow cooker, and we will definitely be making it again, it was really good!Print
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small chopped onion or 1 tbsp minced dried onion
- 2 – 15 oz cans of pinto beans, black beans or kidney beans (or any combination)
- 1 – 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 16 oz bag of frozen corn
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and seasoning salt in a skillet & drain.
- Add ground beef to the slow cooker then add in all of the remaining ingredients except the cream cheese.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When there is about an hour left, add in the softened cream cheese. You may need to stir a couple times to ensure the cream cheese is thoroughly blended.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Do you ever eat soup as a meal?
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.