Casserole recipes are one of my most favorite keto meals, and this low carb cauliflower casserole is no exception. Creamy and cheesy, filled with chicken and topped with bacon. Just delicious!
You can get this recipe on the table in around 30 minutes or so and is a great fit for a low carb diet but everyone will love it!
Please note that this low carb casserole recipe was provided by a a guest chef. The article is written by me, but this yummy recipe was created by a contributor.
You can enjoy casseroles like this as side dishes to another recipe, or as the main dish. It’s quite versatile.
The only unusual ingredient you need would be bone broth but most stores are carrying it these days.
This easy cauliflower casserole has just a few steps to get it ready to bake in the oven. The recipe calls for already riced, frozen cauliflower. If you prefer to make your own, you will have to add in extra time to steam the cauliflower and then rice it yourself.
How many carbs in cauliflower?
According to the USDA, 1 cup of chopped cauliflower has 5.32 grams of carbs and 2.1 grams of fiber. This equals 3.22 grams of net carbs. The USDA also reports that a small head of cauliflower has 13.17 grams of carbs and 5.3 grams of fiber which equals 7.87 grams of net carbs for a small head of cauliflower.
This recipe uses 6 cups of riced cauliflower which has 31.91grams of carbs and 12.8 grams of fiber. This equals a total of 19.11 grams of net carbs coming from the cauliflower for this entire recipe. Complete (estimated) nutritional information for this recipe can be found in the recipe card.
How to prepare this cheesy cauliflower casserole
These steps are pretty quick and easy to prepare the low carb cauliflower casserole for baking. You can do the cleanup while it cooks!
Add the cream cheese and heavy cream to a saucepan until cheese is melted.
Add in some of the cheese.
Next add seasonings and bone broth (salt and pepper to taste).
Pour sauce over cauliflower in a bowl.
Pour entire mixture into a baking dish and top with bacon.
Top with cheddar cheese.
Alternatively, you can cook the bacon while the casserole cooks and add the bacon and some green onions or chives after the casserole cooks. You could also top with some sour cream.
Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole
You can modify this to your liking, add mushrooms, peppers, whatever you like.
Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 lb. Chicken shredded, cooked (or canned)
- 6 cups Cauliflower rice frozen
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 oz Cream cheese full fat
- 1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Chicken bone broth
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 cup Bacon chopped, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Green onions optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 6 cups of frozen cauliflower rice into a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add 4 ounces of softened cream cheese and ⅓ cup of heavy whipping cream. Stir until the cream cheese is mostly melted.
- Add in ½ cup of Mozzarella cheese and ½ c. of the cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is smooth and melted, and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Whisk in the garlic powder, onion powder and bone broth. Mix until smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and pour the mixture over the cauliflower rice. Mix to combine the ingredients well, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in 1 lb. of shredded chicken.
- Place the mixture into a baking dish. Top with ½ cup of bacon crumbles and the other ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
We have additional cauliflower casserole recipes, and other keto recipes here: low carb recipes.
Don’t forget to pin this to your low carb Pinterest board for later!