This low carb eggs au gratin recipe was inspired by Great Day Farms as part of a sponsored campaign.
Potatoes are one food I miss when following a strict low carb diet. They are one of my favorite comfort foods. So I am always trying to figure out ways to take some of my favorite potato dishes and make them low carb. My latest creation involves a creamy cheese sauce and sliced hard boiled eggs to create eggs au gratin. You seriously won’t miss the potatoes.
You can make your own hard boiled eggs for this recipe, but if you are like me, your hard boiled eggs never turn out right. They are either too soft inside or you cook them for so long the yolks turn green. Ew. And let’s not even talk about the challenge of peeling them. Mine always look like someone tried to peel them with a spoon.
Great Day Farms Hard-Boiled Eggs
Great Day Farms makes it super easy to enjoy hard boiled eggs. No muss, no fuss, and fantastic for quick snacks or last minute recipes. They are available in the deli section at Walmart in 2 or 6 packs. They are cooked, peeled and ready to be enjoyed.
You can earn cash back with Ibotta on Great Day Farms hard-boiled eggs:
Keto / Low Carb Eggs Au Gratin Recipe
You just need an egg slicer and an oven-safe skillet to cut them up to make a delicious low carb eggs au gratin. This recipe uses 1 6-pack of Great Day Farms Hard-Boiled Eggs and I used a 10″ cast iron skillet. It was the perfect size.
The sauce is SO AMAZING. Seriously. I mean, it’s hard to go wrong with cheese and cream and eggs, but trust me, it was delicious.
You have to be a bit more careful when serving this than you would with potatoes, but the eggs hold together pretty well even when scooping them into a dish. I think the cheese helps keep it all together. But if serving to guests, just be careful.
Low Carb / Keto Eggs Au Gratin
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice eggs with an egg slicer and place in a spiral in an oven-safe skillet. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream over medium heat until warm and slightly bubbling. Stirring frequently.
- Add cheese and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until completely combined. Remove from heat.
- Pour cream sauce over eggs and bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve immediately.