One of my favorite things to try and do with low carb meals is to take the flavors of my favorite carb-filled goodies, and create keto recipes or low carb versions of the dish. Sometimes it’s hard to imitate the texture of those dishes, but usually I can recreate the flavors pretty well. This low carb bacon cheeseburger oven baked chicken breast recipe is no exception.
Just bear with me and go beyond the way it looks.
Chicken is so versatile and it’s a lean meat which is why you find so many healthy baked chicken breast recipes. It’s easy to make too. No matter what kind of diet you follow, you are sure to find boneless skinless chicken breast recipes that fit on your plan. For a low carb or keto diet, chicken thighs are more popular because they are higher in fat, but I like to change it up and use chicken breasts for some recipes.
How long to bake chicken breast at 400 degrees F
At 400° F, you will cook the average boneless chicken breast for around 20 minutes give or take, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°. A bone-in chicken breast may take up to 10 minutes longer to reach the correct internal temperature.
This recipe has you cook the chicken at 350° so it doesn’t scorch the cheese, but the pieces are cut into strips, so it still only takes around 20 minutes to cook through.
Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
To prepare this oven baked chicken breast recipe you need to cut chicken breasts into strips (or use chicken tenders), cook the bacon and brown some ground beef. Then you assemble the casserole and bake.
Serve with your favorite veggies (or some pickles).
You can get more recipes on my Pinterest board. I have a general chicken board with chicken breast dinner recipes and a dedicated low carb recipe board. You can follow me here: 730 Sage Street on Pinterest.
You can find more keto recipes here: low carb recipes. Lots of casseroles, dinner recipes, breakfast recipes, and even a few keto treats.
Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Baked Chicken
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken tenders
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 oz cooked bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch strips.
- In the same pan that you browned the beef, add butter to the pan and fry chicken for 2 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a large casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, sour cream and ranch seasoning.
- Spread ground beef mixture oven the chicken, then layer the cheese on top and add the bacon.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and edges are browned.
Nutrition information shown is an estimate and is not to be assumed to be accurate. If accurate information is required for your diet or lifestyle, please calculate the nutrition yourself using a tool you trust.