This low carb chicken piccata recipe uses homemade keto breadcrumbs and is delicious & easy to make. Pairs great with asparagus or other low carb side dishes.
The real key to this dish is the low carb / keto breadcrumbs. You can’t make chicken piccata without breading, this way you can stay on track without adding a ton of carbs.
Delicious chicken piccata perfection, low carb style.
Low Carb Chicken PiccataPrint
Butterfly the chicken breasts and then cut to make 4 thin breasts
Whisk the egg and add it to a shallow pan. Add the breadcrumbs to another shallow pan. Dredge each chicken breast in the egg then in the breadcrumbs and set aside on a plate.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and fry chicken 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the minced garlic and fry 2-3 minutes in remaining butter.
- Reduce heat to low and add broth and cream. Bring to a simmer and season with salt & pepper.
- Add in half the capers and cook for 2-3 minutes. For a thicker sauce, add in arrowroot & water mixture.
- Add lemon juice and simmer for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Replace chicken back into the pan and simmer very gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve topped with remaining capers and lemon slices and fresh parsley.
Nutrition information shown is an estimate and is not to be assumed to be accurate. If accurate information is required for your diet or lifestyle, please calculate the nutrition yourself using a tool you trust.