This low carb chicken piccata recipe uses homemade keto breadcrumbs and is delicious & easy to make. Pairs great with asparagus or other low carb side dishes.
The real key to this dish is the low carb / keto breadcrumbs. You can’t make chicken piccata without breading, this way you can stay on track without adding a ton of carbs.
Delicious chicken piccata perfection, low carb style.
Low Carb Chicken PiccataPrint Rate
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and then cut to make 4 thin breasts
- Whisk the egg and add it to a shallow pan. Add the breadcrumbs to another shallow pan. Dredge each chicken breast in the egg then in the breadcrumbs and set aside on a plate.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and fry chicken 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the minced garlic and fry 2-3 minutes in remaining butter.
- Reduce heat to low and add broth and cream. Bring to a simmer and season with salt & pepper.
- Add in half the capers and cook for 2-3 minutes. For a thicker sauce, add in arrowroot & water mixture.
- Add lemon juice and simmer for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Replace chicken back into the pan and simmer very gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve topped with remaining capers and lemon slices and fresh parsley.