Enjoy this Southwest Mason Jar Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing as the perfect side dish for almost any meal. Or if you’re just in the mood to binge on salad, this is a win-win recipe.
While I consider myself lucky to have a garden full of fresh veggies in the summer and late fall. However, I still have to buy fresh produce for about half of the year. Which means I need an efficient and easy way to store fresh produce weekly.
This salad hack involves medium-sized Masson jars and my go-to Rubbermaid Freshworks containers. While I love my garden and fresh veggies, unfortunately it does not look like this year round.
Here are a few delicious recipes that also utilize the Rubbermaid produce savers:
- Lemon Chicken with Garlic Parmesan and Asparagus
- Egg Strata with Blueberries and Cinnamon
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
This “hack” involves using the produce containers to keep your lettuce fresh all week and mason jars so that the rest of your salad ingredients are ready to go. All you need to do is pour them onto your lettuce, add dressing and enjoy!
Homemade dressing is so easy to make, and tastes better than any store-bought. If you love avocado, you will really enjoy this dressing. Up the chili powder or add a splash of hot sauce for a spicier taste.
I love making these jars up every couple of days so I can easily grab a salad without a lot of fuss.
I don’t have to worry about my lettuce being fresh thanks to Rubbermaid’s produce containers!
It’s easy to assemble a salad this way!
This Southwest Salad is so colorful!
Full of crunch, full of flavor, healthy and super easy to make.
It’s like a healthy taco!
Southwest Mason Jar Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
For each salad jar
- 1/4 cup corn kernels I used frozen fire-roasted corn that I allowed to thaw
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup cut tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cut cucumbers
- 1/4 cup diced chicken optional
- 3-4 to rtilla chips optional
For the salad jars
- Assemble the salad jar ingredients with the heaviest ingredients on the bottom. Add lids and store in fridge until ready to eat.
For the dressing
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until combined. Refrigerate until ready to enjoy. Will last a couple of days in the fridge.