My husband and I don’t like a lot of the same things. Music. Movies. Hobbies. When they say opposites attract, I think we are pretty much proof of that fact.
The differences are especially apparent when it comes to food. Which makes it challenging to make a home-cooked Valentine’s Day dinner that we will both enjoy. It’s hard to be romantic if your special dinner isn’t something one or the other of you really enjoy. And this Valentine’s Day I’d much rather enjoy dinner at home in my own warm dining room than have to brave the weather, crowded restaurants and expense of dining out.
Plus, I love the idea of eating dinner in my slippers!
Walmart makes it easy for me to create a delicious, yet affordable romantic dinner this Valentine’s Day with their selection of Bertolli pasta sauces. Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce is a classic Alfredo made with fresh dairy cream and aged Parmesan cheese. Bertolli® Tomato & Basil is 100% organic and is made with vine-ripened tomatoes, basil, fennel and a touch of Romano cheese. I know I am getting the best prices on my favorite brands at Walmart and they have everything I need to create a tasty, romantic meal at home.
My husband is a huge fan of Alfredo sauce, and I prefer tomato so to make our date-night perfect, I decided to serve both. In fact, I decided that the best way to please us both for an ideal romantic dinner was to provide options so we that we could each assemble our own ideal dish, so I decided to serve a romantic pasta bar but with a twist. One thing my husband and I do happen to agree on when it comes to food is enjoying healthier options whenever possible so in lieu of traditional pasta I chose zucchini “noodles” that you can make with a spiral vegetable slicer.
Aren’t they pretty? The next step is to heat up the sauces you want to use for your pasta bar.
While the sauces are warming, you will want to cook / chop up any additional meats and veggies you like with your pasta such as chicken and meatballs.
Then, divide the “noodles” up into 2 large bowls, and put all of the other ingredients in small bowls with serving spoons.
You can then each choose your favorite toppings to design your own custom “pasta” bowl for the most romantic Valentine’s Day date night at home!
His and hers romantic dinner at home!
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 cups Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups Bertolli Organic Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 Pre-cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package frozen meatballs
- 1 tomato
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- crushed red pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare frozen meatballs per package instructions.
- Re-heat chicken breasts by sauteing over low heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Once warm, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Heat sauces in separate pans over medium-low heat.
- Use a spiral vegetable cutter to make zucchini noodles.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Don't overcook, you don't want them mushy.
- Chop veggies.
- Place each ingredient into its own bowl with a serving spoon and enjoy!
Now we just have to figure out who does the dishes….
Post sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are 100% my own. #BertolliDateNightIn