Enjoy lasagna without the carbs with this low carb lasagna bowl recipe or try our easy keto lasagna with zucchini noodles.
When it comes to comfort food, lasagna ranks pretty high up there on a list of things people crave. Warm and rich, coma-inducing, carbalicious (I made that word up, but you can use it) goodness. Which, obviously is not a great fit for a low carb.
So what happens if you make lasagna without the noodles? Well, normally you get a pile of soupy cheese in a casserole dish. But if you make it in individual sized servings and layer the ingredients in the right way, all of a sudden you have a delicious, satisfying low carb meal and you won’t even miss the noodles. Well, that’s a lie. I will always miss noodles and! But this makes it easier to enjoy the meal anyway.
Now, you can make a low carb lasagna in a traditional baking dish but getting creative with the ingredients. You can try my easy keto lasagna with zucchini slices or use ground beef and turn it into a thin patty and use it as sot of a noodle layer.
I find this option to be more versatile. For non keto folks, you could add cooked elbow noodles to it. You really could allow every member of the family to customize their bowl exactly the way they want.
How to Make Low Carb Lasagna Bowls
Once you make the sauce for this recipe, it’s really easy to assemble and bake for serving. Typically I will double this and freeze some lasagna for a lazy day.
This is what you need:
After you prep the sauce (instructions are below), you start assembling the bowls. Again this an easy recipe with lots of flexibility for diets and individual preference.
First layer the sauce.
Then add the ricotta cheese.
Add another layer of sauce.
Top with mozzarella cheese.
Broil and serve. Delicious!
Thanks to the versatility of this recipe it is great for picky eaters. You can customize each lasagna bowl or even have a build your own lasagna with custom ingredients. However, if you do NOT have bowls then I suggest my EASY Keto Lasagna recipe for a no-fuss, easy, and delicious meal.
Low Carb Lasagna Bowls
- 32 oz marinara sauce
- 15 ounce package ricotta
- ½ pound Italian sausage
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese cut into 4 thick slices
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage.
- Add the marinara to the skillet once sausage is cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan and ricotta cheeses.
- Place 4 ramekins onto a baking sheet.
- Spoon a thin layer of meat sauce into each of the ramekins.
- Spoon ½ cup of ricotta into each ramekin.
- Top each with about a half cup of the meat sauce.
- Add a slice of mozzarella to each ramekin.
- Place lasagna bowls (on baking sheet) under broiler until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Follow Us on Pinterest
Pin it, Make it, Share it.