My kids don’t like vegetables in their food. They prefer them on the side (or not at all, but that’s not an option) and I have to admit that in many cases, I prefer them to be separate as well. Maybe it’s a texture thing, I don’t know for sure, but it does mean I make a lot of dishes like this low carb cheeseburger pie.
You can change this recipe up pretty easily. You can add bacon (who wouldn’t?) or chopped tomatoes and onions. You could swap out mayo for the cream cheese, top it with pickles or even ketchup (so long as it’s low carb).
I kept the recipe simple because of my kids. Sometimes I change it up so they can try new things, but some days it’s just a battle I don’t feel like fighting. This was one of those days. But it turned out delicious, my daughter asked for third and said yum at least three times. My son asked for seconds as well.
I enjoyed it, it was rich and filling and delicious. Just make sure you serve it with a healthy serving of veggies because it’s easy to just keep shoveling this in. It’s loaded with cheese and cream though, so it’s dense and has a lot of calories. You could also serve this for breakfast because the eggs in it do give it a quiche-like texture.
Low Carb Cheeseburger Pie
Get the recipe below!Print
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a cast iron skillet, brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix onion powder, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 8 oz cheddar cheese into ground beef and spread beef mixture evenly across the bottom of the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs and Worcestershire sauce with a hand blender.
- Pour cream and egg mixture over the top of the ground beef and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
For more low carb recipes visit: low carb recipes from 730 Sage Street.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.