These low carb breakfast egg muffins are super easy to make and so delicious! Stuffed with yummy sausage gravy. Perfect to make ahead & reheat each morning for low carb or keto diets!
Note: Instructions and photos for this recipe are below, as well as a printable version, estimated nutrition information and a pinnable image too! The printable recipe is at the bottom.
Every morning for breakfast I eat two fried eggs on a low carb English muffin. It’s delicious. It’s perfect protein and energy to fuel my day. But it’s also extremely boring day in and day out to eat the same exact thing.
But I have learned that eggs are an ideal food for me in the morning. I just need to get creative on how I serve them. Which is why I love my latest recipe – low carb breakfast egg muffins filled with sausage gravy.
These breakfast egg muffins are not only delicious, they also make breakfast super easy because you can prepare ahead of time, and warm them up each morning. I also have an egg casserole version of this recipe too.
This recipe calls for the use of a large muffin pan like the ones below.
Low Carb Breakfast Egg Muffins Filled with Sausage Gravy
This recipe has a couple of steps, but once you have the eggs mixed and the gravy made, you simply assemble the layers and then bake it.
If you are using a non-stick pan you probably don’t need to, but I like to spray my pan with this Spectrum Natural Coconut Oil Spray to make sure nothing sticks.
These baked eggs warm up really well in the microwave or in the toaster oven with a bit of butter on top.
And it’s ok. You can more than one at a time. I won’t tell anyone.
Get the printable recipe below
But first, don’t forget to Pin this on Pinterest and head over to my breakfast frittata recipe or breakfast casserole recipe for more weekday meal ideas. I also have a unique blueberry breakfast strata that you may want to add to your menu.
Before you print the recipe, watch this!
Low Carb Breakfast Egg Muffins Filled with Sausage Gravy Printable Recipe
Low Carb Breakfast Egg Muffins Filled with Sausage GravyPrint Rate
For the muffins:
Prepare the eggs and gravy:
- Whisk eggs together with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the sausage over medium heat until thoroughly cooked through.
- Add in the cream cheese and the broth and stirring constantly, cook until the mixture comes to a soft simmer and thickens.
- Then reduce the heat to medium-low, still stirring constantly and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
Assemble the muffins:
- Place two pieces of ham in the bottom of each muffin cup, careful to overlap and try and cover the whole surface.
- Evenly divide sausage gravy between each muffin.
- Pour eggs into each muffin, dividing the mixture evenly.
- Top each muffin with equal parts of the two types of cheeses.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until muffin is firm and cheese is melted.