Are you looking for an easy keto dinner this evening? These SUPER-JUICY oven baked pork chops with a parmesan crust are keto friendly and perfect for serving to your friends and family. They are simple to prepare with many basic household ingredients and versatile to serve as the main course with veggies, cauliflower rice or salad on the side.
I guarantee this keto pork chops recipe is a game-changer that will have your guests licking their plates and wishing you made more! Love pork chops? Try my boneless pork chop recipe with homemade ranch seasoning for your next dinner.
⭐ My secret recipe
Usually, this recipe comes with a breaded crust mixed with some parmesan cheese to coat the pork chops, but I prefer it without the need for egg wash and bread crumbs. The mustard, thyme, basil, garlic, and onion marinade help tenderize the pork, so when it is oven-baked it still comes out nice and juicy.
As far as pork chops recipes go, this one is by far my favorite. I first stumbled across it on my travels when visiting an old friend, and he showed me his cookbook that had dozens of recipes on how to cook tasty pork without it going dry.
When it comes to cooking juicy, succulent pork or over-cooking it to the point it is dry, let's face it can be classed as fine art.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can pretty much serve it with anything and for any occasion. I tended to make it for special events with a red wine reduction sauce and served with some cauliflower rice (carry on reading for the recipe).
If you're into keto recipes, then look no further than these boneless pork chops and be amazed at how easy it is to cook them. A simple char either side in a hot cast-iron skillet for a few minutes and then oven-baked to finish them off is all it takes, or just bake them straight in the oven.
🍽 What you need
The first and most important thing you will need is fresh boneless pork chops, ask your local butchers for good quality chops that are thin and preferably all the same size. Then all you need is a few spices that can be found in your cupboard (if you like to cook) and 30 minutes of your time.
VERY SIMPLE, BUT FULL ON FLAVOR!
- 6 thin boneless pork chops
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1-½ cups grated Parmesan cheese - real parm. not powder
- An oven dish with a roasting rack
- A mixing bowl for making the marinade
- A zipper bag to marinate the chops
- A shallow dish for the cheese mixture
Do not overcook! Use a meat thermometer to ensure the pork reaches the right temperature without overcooking.
🔪 How to bake pork chops
Make your own tender oven baked pork chops in the comfort of your own kitchen with these simple 4 step cooking instructions.
- For the marinade, grab a bowl and combine the mustard, olive oil, and all of the dried spices. Transfer the boneless pork chops to the zipper bag and pour the marinade over them. Make sure they are well coated, and then refrigerate them overnight. *Tip 1*
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C. Then spread the parmesan cheese in a shallow dish, coating each side of the chops thoroughly.
- Transfer the chops to your oven dish with a rack, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 15-20 minutes (or until pork reaches the recommended internal temperature of 155°F or 69°C).
- Your pork chops should have a crusty parmesan top, and the juices should be clear. Raise the oven rack higher and broil on high until crispy. I love this part!
💭 Quick tips
In a pinch marinade your boneless pork chops for 1 hour. Since these are thin pork chops you won't lose much in terms of flavor between the overnight marinade and one hour.
Try to buy pork chops that are the same size so they all cook at the same rate and finish at the same time.
You can sear the parmesan-crusted pork chops on a cast iron skillet on either side for 2 minutes to give them a golden crisp before finishing them off in the oven.
To give your pork chops a little twist, try adding ½ tsp of chili flakes and ½ lemon zest to the marinade.
If you can't get grated parmesan cheese from your local supermarket, you can use any grated hard cheese for using with his recipe. Powdered parmesan will not work.
📋 Recipe variations
For extra crispness, add some pork rinds on top of the pork chop before baking to give it that crunch.
Not a fan of pork? Swap your pork chops for chicken breasts. They taste just as delicious with a parmesan-crusted top.
Love this recipe? Try my keto pork chops with homemade ranch seasoning next.
🥗 What to serve with
- Steamed Vegetables: Steamed veggies are the simple go-to side dish to accompany pork chop recipes and great for part of a keto diet plan.
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice: Forget boring pilaf rice. Make use of that cauliflower by making my cilantro lime cauliflower rice. A perfect healthy side for the crusted pork chops.
- Green Beans: Keeping on the low carb count shelve, sauté some chopped green beans and garlic for a simple and quick side dish to serve with those tender keto pork chops.
I recommend you only cook what you need and freeze your marinated pork chops for another day. And you better believe they will taste even better the next time around. However, if you happen to cook too many, you can certainly store them in the fridge.
The longer you allow the pork chops to marinate, the better they will taste. When you're ready to bake, pull them out and add the cheese just before cooking them. This will give the boneless pork chop a nice golden crust.
Oven baked to perfection
My mouth is watering just writing about these magnificent keto parmesan-crusted pork chops. From me to you, I am happy to share with you one of my favorite recipes that will live long in the memories of any food critic's expectations.
They are perfect to combine with any side dish to make the main meal prepared and cooked with minimal fuss, which is fantastic news for any not-so-confident home cooks out there.
Keto Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Combine mustard, olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, onion powder, oregano, ¼ tsp kosher salt, ¼ tsp black pepper and basil in a small bowl to use as a marinade. Add pork chops to zipper bag and pour marinade over chops and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C
- Spread Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish or pie pan and coat each pork chop on all sides.
- Add a flat roasting rack to a shallow dish or cookie sheet and place chops on rack. Or you can use a roasting pan with flat rack.
- Season with remaining ¼ tsp kosher salt and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (or until pork reaches the recommended internal temperature of 155°F or 69°C).
- Optional - raise oven rack to top and broil on high until crispy.
- In a pinch marinade your boneless pork chops for 1 hour. Since these are thin pork chops you won't lose much in terms of flavor between the overnight marinade and one hour.
- Try to buy pork chops that are the same size so they all cook at the same rate and finish at the same time.
- You can sear the parmesan-crusted pork chops on a cast iron skillet on either side for 2 minutes to give them a golden crisp before finishing them off in the oven.
- To give your pork chops a little twist, try adding ½ tsp of chili flakes and ½ lemon zest to the marinade.
- If you can't get grated parmesan cheese from your local supermarket, you can use any grated hard cheese for using with his recipe. Powdered parmesan will not work.