These creamy mustard pork chops with sauteed vegetables are low carb and keto-friendly. They make an easy, complete family meal ready in around 40 minutes.
The key to this recipe is the pork chop mustard sauce. You will need bone broth and Dijon mustard. While I have seen some dehydrated pork bone broth, you are mostly likely going to have to choose between beef or chicken. I usually use chicken.
There are a number of ways to make pork pork chops with mustard sauce. Parmesan cheese pairs well with mustard and creates a mustard sauce that isn't creamy as well if you are looking to reduce calories.
These Dijon mustard pork chops are loaded with cream, but you could also add some Parmesan cheese to them as well. A mustard sauce for pork chops is super versatile and can be modified to taste.
🔪 How to make
There are a few steps to make this pork chops in mustard cream sauce recipe, but it doesn't take a long time so it's a great weeknight dinner for those following a low carb diet, or anyone who just wants to serve a healthier meal.
Slice the veggies. Don't make them too thin or they will get mushy. Unless you like mushy...then have at it.
Sauté the veggies in olive oil.
Set veggies aside and add the pork chops to the pan with some additional olive oil.
Sear on both sides and cook until done - around 145° Fahrenheit.
Set chops aside and add diced onion.
Add bone broth to deglaze pan and scrape off browned bits.
Add heavy cream and then mustard.
Stir the sauce until slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then return the vegetables and the pork chops to the pan.
Serve and enjoy!
Oh that looks so good!
You can grab the recipe for this delicious meal below, but don't forget to also Pin this on Pinterest. We appreciate when you save our recipes to come back to them later! Just click the image below to re-pin it.
Keto Creamy Mustard Pork Chops with Sauteed Vegetables
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the sliced zucchini and squash to the heated skillet, and saute for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are starting to become tender, but still have some bite to them. Remove the vegetables to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet, and place the pork chops into the heated skillet.
- Apply salt and pepper to the pork chops, and cook until browned on both sides, and until the center reaches an internal temperature of around 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Pour off any extra grease from the skillet, and add in the diced onion.
- Cook for a few minutes until the onion begins to become tender.
- Stir in the bone broth, and scrape the bottom of the skillet to deglaze it.
- Add in the heavy cream, mustard and oregano, stirring well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium or medium low, and cook until the sauce has thickened a bit, stirring very frequently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix back in the sauteed vegetables and the pork chops, and serve.