Enjoy a crunchy chip on a low carb diet with these easy and delicious pepperoni pizza flavored keto cheese crisps. Made with only four simple ingredients!
These keto cheese crisps are a crispy, salty snack that will fulfill your cravings for potato chips. They are miraculously low carb and have enough fats and protein to meat your macros.
What are cheese crisps?
Cheese crisps are basically thin and resemble the crunch and texture of potato chips. They are made by baking and broiling cheese.
Since they are made entirely of cheese and spices, they are naturally low in carbs and high in protein. This makes them an ideal snack for anyone on the Keto diet.
How to make keto cheese crisps (chips)
After you make this recipe one time, you’ll be a pro. They are so simple, it’s almost crazy to go without them.
Scroll down to the end of the post for the printable recipe. I’ll share step-by-step pictures and some helpful information for you first.
What You Need:
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Spices
How To Cook:
- Line pan with parchment paper
- Divide mozzarella into piles
- Add Parmesan to each pile
- Add seasoning to each pile.
Can you use foil instead of parchment paper?
In my experience, no. Using foil or greasing down a cooking sheet all result in the cheese crisps either sticking to the pan or getting too brown on the bottom.
The only thing that turned them out perfectly was using parchment paper.
How big do you make the cheese crisps?
You want to use a tablespoon to measure out the parmesan cheese. I like to make my cheese crisps about the same size as potato chips.
Keep in mind that the mozzarella will expand as it bakes. So when you place them in piles leave plenty of space between them.
How do you store homemade Keto cheese crisps?
If they last long enough for you to worry about how to keep them fresh, then you deserve a prize! These are incredibly delicious and easy to eat up in one sitting (not that I know that personally).
These cheese crisps should be stored at room temperature to avoid them becoming soggy. A popular way to store homemade cheese crisps is right on the counter.
Just place the cheese crisps on top of a coffee filter. Then, place another coffee filter on top of them. This will keep out the dust particles and absorb extra moisture (keeping them crispy.)
These really do turn out tasting just like mini pizzas! You can dip them in a low carb marinara sauce for an Italian-flavored snack.
Check out more delicious low carb cheese crisp recipes:
- Low Carb Italian Cheese Crisps
- Low Carb Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- Low Carb Cheese Crisps
- Low Carb Garlic Cheddar Cheese Crisps
Grab the recipe
Here’s the entire recipe for keto cheese crisps. Don’t forget to pin this post for later. This is perfect when you have a craving for pizza but don’t want to deal with all the carbs!
Pepperoni Pizza Keto Cheese Crisps
- 9 tbsp shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 9 slices pepperoni thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Not foil, not wax paper. Use parchment.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, place the Mozzarella cheese into nine piles on the sheet, spacing them out as much as possible because they will expand as they bake. Flatten each pile maintaining a circle.
- Evenly sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the piles of Mozzarella.
- Place a slice of pepperoni on each cheese pile.
- Evenly sprinkle the Italian seasoning over each one.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn broiler to high and broil for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for around 5 minutes. Remove from parchment paper and serve. You may have some excess oil from the cheese, if so, just dab off with a paper towel as the crisps cool.
- Serve as-is or with some low carb marinara sauce.
- 3 cheese chips per serving.