There is something about oatmeal.
And perfect for this crazy extreme weather we have been having across the country.
Oatmeal can be made gluten-free, in fact oats are naturally gluten-free and ALL oats are non-GMO as well. The reason you have to worry about gluten with oats is because of cross-contamination if they are processed in a facility that also processed wheat.
But if you are like me and looking for a completely grain-free option, you now can have the comforting taste and texture you love without the grains. And you can bake it too!
Grain-Free baked "Oatmeal"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, blend all of the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In another bowl, blend the wet ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and combine until completely blended.
- Pour into a casserole dish (round, oval or square - the equivalent of around 9"x9") or into 3-6 individual sized serving containers (depending upon size)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Add milk and drizzle with honey or maple syrup (optional) and serve.
Be careful not to overcook this!
I really enjoyed this and it was very filling. The texture was fantastic. You could add a mashed banana before baking, or even add in berries or apples.
Are you a fan of oatmeal?
What do you put in yours?