Try this easy slow cooker chili-lime Mexican shredded beef recipe that is easy, delicious and super popular. As with any slow cooker recipe, this is beyond easy and a great low carb option.
Preheat that beautiful cast iron skillet and grab your favorite prep dish and lets get started. For a great sear we want a super hot pan and dry beef.
Once the meat was seared, I added all of the ingredients to the slow cooker.
As you can see I am pretty organized. I learned early on it takes less time and is far less stressful to just prep before hand.
Then I added the meat and sauce to a large container (after washing it from the raw meat) and shred it to my preference.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili Lime Mexican Shredded Beef
This. Was. Delicious. I will definitely be adding this to my menu rotation, it was so damn good!
I served it to my friends with tortillas, I enjoyed it more as a "bowl" with my favorite toppings. You could add lettuce, avocado, whatever!
When we were done I simply popped the containers back in the fridge. I am a big fan of any recipe that tastes better the next day and makes meal prep a breeze.
If your a fan of Mexican recipes, any of the following are popular:
- Mexican Pork Chops with Homemade Adobo Seasoning
- Low Carb Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Skillet
- Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Keto Taco Seasoning
Easy Slow Cooker Chili-lime Mexican Shredded Beef
- Rub 1 tbsp avocado oil on both sides of steak and coat with kosher salt.
- Let sit in a closed container for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat a skillet over medium high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Sear meat on both sides, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place seared meat in slow cooker.
- Coat top of steak with chili powder, then flip and coat the other side. Add garlic, cumin, cilantro and minced garlic to the top of the meat.
- Slowly pour lime juice around the sides of the meat, trying to keep the seasonings on top.
- Slowly add broth around the meat, again trying to keep the seasonings on top of the meat.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred with two forks. It should shred easily. Place meat back in slow cooker or put meat and sauce in another container to serve.