This low carb cheesy spinach and chicken casserole is a quick keto dinner and uses cooked shredded chicken for a meal ready in about 30 minutes.
You won't miss the carbs with this easy, cheesy, chicken casserole recipe. Spinach, heavy cream, chicken, and mozzarella cheese oh my!
The only real effort with this recipe is in wilting the spinach!
Otherwise, you essentially combine all of the ingredients together and bake in a casserole dish.
Then serve a delicious keto meal with a generous side of your favorite vegetable.
You will need a casserole dish for this recipe, and a skillet. A store-bought rotisserie chicken is a great way to get the shredded chicken to save time instead of making it yourself.
Low Carb Cheesy Spinach and Chicken Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the spinach to the heated skillet a little at a time, and cook until wilted.
- Drain the spinach, and spread it on the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream.
- Whisk in the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and basil.
- Stir in ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the shredded chicken and continue stirring until combined. Remove from heat.
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly over the spinach in the baking dish.
- Top with the remainder of Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Pin me please!