This keto cheese bread makes amazing fathead hamburger buns for those following a low carb or grain-free or gluten-free diet. Delicious for sandwiches, BLTs and more!
You can also enjoy this keto bread simply as a dinner roll, as a keto English muffin or even modify the shape to make low carb hot dog buns.
This recipe is fairly easy to make, although I do want to caution that its ease means these aren’t fluffy like regular hamburger buns or regular bread. This keto cheese bread is denser but full of flavor. And it will definitely satisfy your craving for a sandwich.
How to make keto / low carb / fathead cheese bread
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic Powder
Step by step instructions
Add mozzarella cheese to a large bowl.
Add Parmesan cheese to bowl.
Add egg and garlic powder.
Add basil, salt and pepper.
Mix until all ingredients are combined.
Divide the mixture into four equal amounts and form into patties about the thickness of half of a burger bun.
Serve as a bun for a hamburger, sandwich or BLT.
How to modify this recipe for hot dogs or other bread shapes
This recipe should translate into other bun shapes, but you may have to get a little creative to make it work. Remember, these won’t rise much so you will have to size them based upon the finished size.
For a hot dog bun, you can try to bake them thicker and slice them like a hot dog bun or make them in two pieces and enjoy it more like a skinny sandwich. I think the two pieces will work out better but let me know if you try the hot dog bun shape and slice them. I’d love to know if that turns out.
You could even make a single loaf out of this, but don’t make it too thick, the outside might burn before the inside cooks.
Get the full keto cheese bread recipe
Grab the printable recipe below!
Keto Cheese Bread
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic powder, basil and salt and pepper.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the cheese mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Form each part into a patty or flat rounded bun shape. Your buns or bread should be formed to the size you want the finished pieces as they won't rise as much as traditional bread.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and cooked through.