This easy chicken breast recipe makes a quick and delicious dinner for the whole family. The chicken is moist and flavorful and for those following a keto diet, it’s a low carb chicken recipe as well. Made in a skillet, it starts on the stove top and finishes in the oven. Just one pan makes cleanup a breeze.
You can bake the entire dish but I have found that searing the chicken on the stove top locks in the juices better.
What is the best way to cook chicken breast?
You can cook chicken breast a number of different ways. The best way to cook chicken breast (if you can’t grill it) is to fry it in butter in a cast iron skillet on the stove top. Butter gives any kind of meat the absolute best flavor. You can use other high heat appropriate oils as well – coconut oil, grapeseed oil, etc.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Place 2-4 tbsp butter (depending upon how many chicken breasts you have) in a 12″ skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- When the butter melt, but before it begins to brown, place the chicken breasts in the pan.
- Cook 10-15 minutes per side (or longer depending upon how thick yours are) until golden brown and cooked through to 165 degrees F.
- You can finish cooking the chicken breast in the oven at 400 degrees F. if you prefer, just don’t over-cook.
That is the best way to cook chicken breast.
But you can just bake chicken breast as well although I highly recommend a marinade if you want to cook it that way. Baked chicken tends to be dry and flavorless without a marinade. You do something as simple as olive oil and some herbs or do something a bit fancier.
Easy chicken breast recipe
This easy chicken breast recipe uses the simple instructions above for what is the best way to cook chicken breast. Once almost cooked through, I then put the skillet into a 400 degree oven to melt the cheese. You could also put it under the broiler too. This is perfect for someone looking for easy chicken breast recipes, few ingredients makes it quick and easy to make.
As I mentioned above, you can bake the chicken for this recipe, but you will want to marinade it first. Frying it requires a little bit of extra attention on your part but it’s totally worth it.
Then you top it with your favorite fresh, loaded ingredients like sour cream and green onions or chives.
Low carb chicken
If you are looking for chicken breast recipes for dinner, you definitely want to try this fast easy chicken recipe. It is very flavorful without requiring a lot of time and effort. And if you follow a ketogenic or low carb diet, it’s a great fit. Perfect for those who are gluten-free too!
Before I get to the recipe, make sure to check out some of our other low carb recipes:
- Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Low Carb Garlic Cheddar Cheese Crisps
- Delicious almost NO CARB pizza recipe
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Brisket with Coffee-Chili Dry Rub
- Low Carb Raspberry Chicken Recipe
- Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatloaf
- Low Carb Breakfast Lasagna – Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Low Carb Garlic Cheddar Cheese Crisps
- Low Carb Cheeseburger Pie – Easy & Delicious
- Low Carb Bacon Cheddar Cheese Crisps
Easy Chicken Breast Recipe - Loaded Low Carb Chicken
- If you haven't cooked the bacon, fry or bake it until almost all the way cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Season each chicken breast on both sides with salt, pepper and onion powder to taste.
- In a large cast iron pan (12-inch should work) heat butter over medium high heat until it melts.
- Add chicken breast to pan and fry for 10-15 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees.
- Remove pan from head and divide cheese evenly across the 6 pieces of chicken.
- Place pan directly into oven an bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is almost melted.
- Add bacon to each piece of chicken and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with your favorite loaded toppings including sour cream and green onions or chives.