This cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe can be enjoyed on its own as a side dish or as a base for a burrito bowl or another favorite Mexican recipe.
You can create the riced cauliflower with a head of cauliflower using a food processor to grate the cauliflower or you can use frozen riced cauliflower. I tend to buy the frozen stuff because then it’s there when I need it and I don’t have to worry about it going bad before I use it. Plus it’s a huge time saver.
This cilantro lime rice recipe is easy to make on the stove top. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute some onions and minced garlic in olive oil. Add the cauliflower, seasonings and vegetable broth, and increase heat to medium high or high and cook until warmed. Add in lime juice at the end and serve. It’s ready in about 10 minutes or so. It’s an awesome recipe for when you don’t have a lot of time.
Next time I am going to try adding in some black beans because I think it will be delicious in the rice.
With this recipe you can enjoy the texture of rice in a healthier way.
I don’t think you can even tell it’s not rice.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Grab the recipe below!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
This delicious and easy to make cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe can be enjoyed on its own as a side dish or as a base for a favorite Mexican recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups riced cauliflower frozen is fine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped and divided
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet. When the oil is hot add the onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat or until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant. Stir the whole time.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet. Stir to mix everything together well.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, about half the cilantro and the salt and cumin. Turn the heat up to high and cook for another minute. Lower the heat again and add the lime juice. Mix in to the rice well.
Taste and season with more salt as needed. Stir in the remaining cilantro. Continue to stir until warmed.
Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to Pin the image below on Pinterest so you can refer back to this recipe easily!