I don’t care how old you are, there is something about breaded chicken strips or chicken nuggets that is hard to resist. But man, you know they aren’t very good for you considering what they might be breaded with, not to mention the oil they are fried in to cook them. So I came up with a baked chicken tenders recipe that are gluten free and low carb.
So you have no excuse not to embrace your inner child.
This is a fairly easy recipe. The hardest part is crushing to pork rinds, but that is actually kind of fun. You can even use flavored pork rinds for an extra boost of flavor. Alternatively, you can buy pork panko “breadcrumbs” made from pork rinds which eliminates that step.
Dredge chicken in mayo and then coat with pork panko and Parmesan mixture. Then bake. It’s that easy!
If you don’t want to buy flavored pork rinds but you want additional flavor, you can add different seasonings to step 3. Chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder or any number of other seasonings would add even more flavor to this recipe. Or you could use sriracha mayo instead of regular mayo.
Don’t they look amazing?
You may want to double the recipe. Just sayin’.
Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pork rinds in a shallow bowl and the mayo in a second bowl.
- Dredge the chicken fingers through the mayo, coating completely, and then toss in pork rind mixture. Place each chicken strip in a casserole dish.
- Bake 22-25 minutes until golden brown and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F