I love pizza and so when I decided to follow a low carb diet, I knew I need to find a low carb pizza recipe that had both the taste and texture of my absolute most favorite food. I tried a few different crust recipes, many of them ended up kind of mushy, but I did manage to come up with a recipe that, when cooked right, actually holds up pretty well and is firm enough to enjoy without needing a fork.
The first thing you need is my Low Carb Pizza Crust Recipe.
Then you need my Low Carb Pizza Sauce Recipe.
Now you are ready to create the world’s most perfect and delicious food pizza – but a low carb kind!
Here are a few of my favorite things for making this:
- 9″ cast iron skillet (made in the USA!)
- stainless steel pizza cutter (I’m not sure what brand mine is)
- bamboo cutting board
- nitrate free pepperoni (I buy mine from Whole Foods usually)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Top low carb pizza crust with low carb pizza sauce and spread evenly
- Add cheese and chosen toppings
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and slightly brown
- Cool slightly, cut and serve
Amazing pizza goodness. I can’t promise you will like this more than traditional pizza but I am pretty sure you will enjoy it. I haven’t had anyone say they didn’t!
Low carb can be pretty tasty! And no more guilt or bloating after you enjoy this pizza.
What are your favorite pizza toppings? You can add pretty much anything your heart desires, even weird things. I know some of you are into pineapple and sardines and stuff.
Pin this for later, trust me, you will want to refer back to it!