Easy Keto Lasagna
Finally, a Keto Lasagna that tastes just like the real thing! My grandma first made this lasagna recipe, then my mom, and now I am sharing it with you. If you haven't guessed yet, Lasagna is one of my favorites, so trust me when I say, "this easy keto lasagna recipe will impress!"
In a large cast iron or skillet, brown the beef
Add the marinara
Add the ground oregano
Add 1/2 Tsp salt or to taste
Simmer until sauce is thick (approximately 15 minutes)
Peel and slice the Zucchini approximate 2-3 mm thick
Layer 1Add 1 layer of meat to the bottom of your panAdd 1 layer of zucchiniAdd 1 layer of ricotta cheese Layer 2Add 1 layer of meatAdd 1 layer of zucchiniAdd 1 layer of ricotta cheese Layer 3Add 1 layer of meat
Top with Mozzarella
Top with Shredded Cheese
Broil the lasagna for 10 - 15 minutes until golden brown
1. Simmer and Reduce - Let your sauce simmer down until it is nice and thick. Since we are using Zucchini, which is water heavy, we need to make sure our sauce is thick and consistent. This way, everything will balance out, leaving you with the best keto lasagna ever.
2. Ground Oregano - When I make Lasagna I always use ground oregano and I believe this is the secret to an epic Lasagna.
3. Pans - Stoneware baking dish, square 9x9x2 is nice for 4 people and aluminum foil pans are key for an easy freezer lasagna.
4. Baking Frozen - Place baking dish on middle rack, directly from the freezer. Set your oven to 180°C/350°F and bake for 30 minutes. By putting your baking dish in the oven without pre-heating, everything heats up slowly. Finish with 10-15 minutes on broil for that golden brown cheese we all love. This is another great reason to use aluminum foil pans for freezer lasagna.
5. Storing / reheating - We all know that lasagna tastes even better the next day, so be prepared. Place in container and refrigerate overnight (up to 3 days, but 24 hrs best). On day of, place the dish on the middle rack at 180°C/350°F oven for 15 minutes until warmed through (not piping hot), then uncovered for 5 minutes.
Calories: 726kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 886mg | Potassium: 1376mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1435IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 600mg | Iron: 6mg
Nutrition information shown is an estimate and is not to be assumed to be accurate. If accurate information is required for your diet or lifestyle, please calculate the nutrition yourself using a tool you trust.