If you are looking to enjoy all of the delicious flavors of Thanksgiving without any of the animal products, I have a recipe for you! My vegan stuffing recipe is a great whole foods plant based Thanksgiving side dish. As a side to what, I don’t know, but at least with regards to the stuffing, if you are vegan, vegetarian or plant based, I got you covered.
This recipe is similar to my low carb stuffing recipe with a few modifications to remove any animal products.
Looks pretty good, right? I know it’s called stuffing, and you can try and stuff it inside something, and I guess it really qualifies as Thanksgiving dressing, but no one really calls it that anymore. It’s just “stuffing” even if it doesn’t get stuffed inside anything.
Vegan Stuffing Recipe
In theory, this stuffing can still use breadcrumbs, but this vegan stuffing is also gluten free, low carb and keto-friendly.
Low Carb Vegan Stuffing
Vegan Thanksgiving? No problem! This vegan stuffing is also low carb and makes a great whole food plant based side dish for Thanksgiving or any time.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Diced Onion about half a large onion
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- 1 cup Sliced mushrooms cut very small
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 6 cups Cauliflower cut very small
- 2 tablespoons Minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 teaspoons Ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoons Ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add in the onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is golden brown and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the cauliflower. Cook until the cauliflower just begins to soften and brown, stirring frequently, or about 10 minutes.
Add in the parsley and other seasonings, stir until combined and cook one minute.
- Stir in the broth, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
Note: The net carbs on this recipe is 7 grams per serving and it all comes from vegetables.
If you use Pinterest, please Pin one of the images below on one your boards. Thanks!