I’m sure you’ve heard by now that the human body needs protein to function properly, especially if you are looking for more energy, weight maintenance and overall wellness. It can seem like a challenge, however, to add protein to your diet unless you want to eat big hunks of meat or drink protein shakes.
But did you know that Silk Soymilk is a great source of protein?
Well it is! And it’s plant-based protein that is naturally low in saturated fat and it has no cholesterol.
You can use Silk Soymilk in place of dairy milk in so many situations, one of my favorite is in my coffee. And because it foams up great with an immersion blender, it makes a fantastic option for a latte as well.
Vanilla Lemon Soy LattePrint
- 4 oz unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops lemon essential oil
- 8 oz strong brewed coffee
- Brew coffee - extra strong is preferred but regular strength will still work.
- Add soy milk, vanilla and lemon essential oil to a cup and blend with an immersion blender until foamy and completely blended.
- Pour brewed coffee into mug (about 3/4 full) then slowly sour soy milk mixture into coffee while holding foam back with a spoon. As you get close to the top of the mug, let the foam top off the coffee.
For a sweeter coffee you can use regular soy milk, vanilla soy milk or add a tsp of your sweetener of choice.
I wasn’t actually sure this would turn out. I mean, who mixes lemon in coffee? But it did! It was awesome. It tasted like coffee flavored lemon cake. It was delish.
I love the idea that I can have a a yummy latte in the morning that is packed with important protein my body needs!