This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid®; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
On the outside, my kitchen looks nice and tidy. Neat and organized even. A place for everything and everything in its place. That is, until you open a cabinet door and find that beauty is definitely only skin deep. What a mess!
But no matter how many times I organize my cabinets, it seems like the limitations of my storage containers often end up creating chaos. Especially when you pull one lid out and the rest of them come following after, despite my best efforts to only remove the one I want. No matter how I stack those lids, when I pull one out, it creates an avalanche that only an octopus could prevent. Usually for every one lid I need, at least 3 others fall to the counter and roll down onto the floor. So frustrating.
So my cabinets remained an unorganized mess.
That is, until Rubbermaid® Easy Find LidsTM entered my life.
Rubbermaid® Easy Find LidsTM
Rubbermaid® Easy Find LidsTM containers truly transformed my cabinets. They save me time and frustration and I really wish I had discovered them sooner.
Features of Rubbermaid® Easy Find LidsTM
- Lids snap together
- Lids snap to the base of the containers
- Containers nest together
- One lid size fits various container sizes for streamlined stacking (and less searching for the right sized lid)
- Microwave safe
- Freezer safe
- Dishwasher safe
- Available at major retailers
All of these features add up to mean less effort to find the right lid and fewer chances for lost lids. Rubbermaid® Easy Find LidsTM take up far less space in your cabinet because of how nicely they nest and stack together. And they help eliminate “container avalanche” which means a lot less frustration!
After seeing the Rubbermaid® Easy Find LidsTM containers in my cabinet, I was inspired to makeover the entire thing. Finally I have a reason to organize my cabinets! Doesn’t this look so much better?
I asked my husband if we could put glass doors on the cabinets because the insides look so good now! I no longer cringe when I open my cabinets, I smile!
And look, nothing falls out when I remove a container.
But the organization doesn’t stop there. imagine how great Easy Find LidsTM containers are for storing cereal snacks and other items in your pantry. I can’t tell you how many times a straw chips bag gets pushed to the back of my cabinet and forgotten about. Then, of course, everything spills out but it’s in the back so you don’t realize it. They also work great in the fridge or freezer for leftovers, and they can go straight into the microwave for reheating.
How to Transform Your Pantry
Do you cringe when you open your pantry or cabinets? I put together some tips below to help you spring clean your kitchen to make it fresh, clutter-free and avoid the dreaded container avalanche!
- Completely remove everything from your pantry or cabinet and clean the insides thoroughly.
- Take inventory of the storage containers that you actually use. Note the sizes that you use the most, and think about past situations where you may not have had enough or the right size container for your needs. Write down rough sizes and quantities of the containers you need for your perfect pantry.
- Head to your favorite retailer and select the right Rubbermaid® Easy Find LidsTM containers for your needs.
- With your cabinet or pantry still empty, organize your new containers so that it works best for how you use them. If you are storing the containers, stack them in a way that allows you to access them easily. If you are organizing pantry items like flour, chips, cereal, cookies, etc. transfer each item to the appropriate sized container before organizing.
- Organize the remainder of your pantry or cabinet with the items you removed that are going back in. Or do what I did and use this opportunity to create better organization for the way you live and work in your kitchen. Often the way we initially organize our cabinets doesn’t end up being the best for our needs. Use your pantry transformation to really make your kitchen more efficient.
Enter to Win a $5,000 Pantry Makeover
Does your pantry need a makeover? Rubbermaid® is giving you the opportunity to transform your kitchen with their Easy Find Lids™ Pantry Makeover sweepstakes! To learn more and enter the contest visit: Easy Find Lids Pantry Makeover Sweepstakes valued at $5,000.