It’s no secret that I have lost a significant amount of weight in the last year. My scale says -48.2 lbs and I even had to buy new clothes because my old ‘skinny’ clothes were too big.
But being thinner than I was at my own wedding 10 years ago doesn’t mean I’m done losing weight. In fact I still border on overweight where my BMI is concerned and frankly I’m not satisfied in a size 10-12.
I want to wear a size 8.
Not for looks.
Not for anyone else.
But for me.
Because I know that if I can reach that goal I’ll not only have taken control of my life but I’ll also have the peace of mind of knowing I’ve done as much as I possibly can to take care of my health.
I admit I don’t exercise as much as I COULD. I bike ride, I swim, I walk or run on my treadmill, but none of it is regularly and most of it is leisurely more than anything. I am somewhat active with my kids and I make it a point to eat right. Those things have all led to my weight loss, but I know that if I am to obtain my goal, I need to add another level – I need to weight train in order to tone and strengthen.
With this in mind, when the opportunity to try the new Total Gym crossed my path, I was so excited!
- Total Gym provides an entire gym full of equipment in ONE machine and best of all, it just takes 10-20 minutes a day to reshape your body into the body you’ve always wanted.
- The easy-to-follow exercise chart, training deck, and DVDs provide you with over 80 exercises to choose from so you never get bored… it’s like having a personal trainer in your very own home!
- It works by using a % of your body weight as resistance. You set the resistance level – higher to build muscle, lower to tone and slenderize.
- The unique design allows you to easily move from one exercise to another without having to add or remove weights.
- Because Total Gym is safe and easy to use it’s great for ages 8 to 80 and from beginner to advanced.
- No assembly required. It sets up in minutes out of the box and conveniently folds for storage under a bed or in a closet.
- Best of all, it works! And there are real people with real results to prove it!
So, I am now a TOTAL GYM MOM!
For the next 2 months I will be reporting to you weekly on my progress. Providing information about the machine itself and showing you how I transform myself – because I plan on transforming myself.
According to my scale and a sewing tape measure, these are my starting stats:
- Height: 5′-6 1/2″
- Weight: 155.4 lbs
- Water level: 47.7
- Body Fat: 34.6
- Bicep: 11 3/4″
- Thigh: 24 1/4″
- Hips: 40″
- Waist: 35 1/2″
And this is a picture of me from last night wearing my workout gear.
My official before picture. I look weird. Not to mention the chubby legs. Those HAVE to go!
And this wouldn’t be as exciting if there wasn’t a challenge involved…and there is. There are 9 other Total Gym Moms and we are competing to be the mom who sees the most progress using the Total Gym over the next 8 weeks.
- Trisha www.momdot.com
- Shasta www.faithfullyfrugal-and-free.com
- Stacie www.thedivinemissmommy.com
- Jenna www.loveofbabyonline.com
- Candace www.dealectiblemommies.com
- Michelle www.ahappyhippymom.com
- Jennifer www.jleighdesignz.com
So stay tuned. It’s gonna get intense!
I was provided with a Total Gym XLS system that was through Blog Friendly PR. Opinions expressed are my own.