I don’t like food in my salad.
I like salad.
I like beef.
I like cheese.
But I am not a huge fan of the texture created when you add things to a salad.
So I was wary of this recipe.
But I tried it anyway.
Let’s just say I have no regrets.
It turned out AMAZING.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 6 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 head of lettuce cut or shredded
- 2 pints of grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cans kidney beans 16 oz - rinse & drain
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups chihuahua cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite salsa
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free thousand island dressing make sure you pick one without artificial ingredients or make your own
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar you can use regular sugar if you prefer
- 3 cans of black olives optional
- 2 cans of green chilies chopped (optional)
- 1 package tortilla chips crushed (optional)
- Brown ground beef in a large pan or dutch over with 4 tbsp taco seasoning
- In a small bowl mix together the thousand island dressing, salsa, sugar and 2 tbsp taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lettuce, tomatoes, beans, cheese, onions and beef.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the lettuce & beef mixture and toss.
- Serve with gluten-free tortilla chips/