Last month I told about my journey to explore a plant based diet with my son. There are a lot of delicious options available but one of our most favorite secret weapons for delicious meals is Beyond Meat as a base for our creative dinners. You can use The Beyond Burger as a traditional burger on a bun, or get creative and ditch the bun.
This burger is plant based protein that cooks and looks like real meat. It has 20 grams of plant based protein per patty and doesn't contain soy, gluten or GMOs. You can find beyond burger in the meat case across the US in over 7,000 grocery stores and even in Amazon.
You can grill this burger, or pan fry it in a skillet.
We love Mexican food around here, so I decided to make this into a taco burger using my homemade taco seasoning, topped with our favorite taco toppings.
This is an quick and easy recipe, you can pretty much modify it to suit what you like. And the beans and the baked tortilla strips are a nice touch. Although the tortillas are amazing, and a few of them won't alter the carb count too much.
This was so good! I think you could even chop the burger up and eat it more like a taco salad if you wanted. And The Beyond Burger, looks just like real beef!
My son loved it and asked for another one.
As I mentioned, this recipe is infinitely modifiable based upon your tastes, but the recipe below reflects how I made it and you can change it up from there.
Beyond Burger Recipe
- Grill or fry burgers per package instructions
- While burgers are cooking, heat refried beans in a small pot.
- In a small bowl combine mayo and sriracha sauce and blend together.
- Slice avocado into thin slices.
- When burgers are done cooking, place each one on a piece of lettuce, and layer each burger with half of the refried beans (if using), sriracha mayo, salsa, avocado slices and tortilla strips (if using).
With Beyond Meat's The Beyond Burger, you can have a delicious taco burger made with plant based protein but the taste and texture of real beef!
Follow Us on Pinterest
Pin it, Make it, Share it.