Thank you Beyond Meat for sponsoring this post. Try The Beyond Burger today! The Future of Protein. Made from Plants.
Last month I told about my journey to explore a plant based diet with my son. There are a lot of delicious options available but one of our most favorite secret weapons for delicious meals is to use The Beyond Burger from Beyond Meat as a base for a creative dinner. You can use The Beyond Burger as a traditional burger on a bun, or get creative and ditch the bun for a low carb, plant based burger.
Click the tag in the image above to snag a $1 off coupon so you can try The Beyond Burger for yourself!
The Beyond Burger is plant based protein that cooks and looks like real meat. It has 20 grams of plant based protein per patty and doesn’t contain soy, gluten or GMOs. You can find The Beyond Burger in the meat case across the US in over 7,000 grocery stores!
You can grill The Beyond Burger, or pan fry it in a skillet.
We love Mexican food around here, so I decided to make The Beyond Burger into a taco burger, topped with our favorite taco toppings.
This is a versatile recipe, you can pretty much modify it to suit what you like. And if you are keto or low carb, you will probably want to ditch the beans and the tortilla strips. Although the tortillas are amazing, and a few of them won’t alter the carb count too much.
This was so good! I think you could even chop the burger up and eat it more like a taco salad if you wanted. And The Beyond Burger, looks just like real beef!
My son loved it and asked for another one.
Taco Burger Recipe
As I mentioned, this recipe is infinitely modifiable based upon your tastes, but the recipe below reflects how I made it and you can change it up from there.
Taco Burger Recipe (gluten free, vegan, low carb, dairy free)
- 2 patties The Beyond Burger (1 package)
- 2 large pieces leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 tbsp mayo or vegan mayo
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup refried beans optional - omit for low carb
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips optional - omit for low carb
- Grill or fry burgers per package instructions
- While burgers are cooking, heat refried beans in a small pot.
- In a small bowl combine mayo and sriracha sauce and blend together.
- Slice avocado into thin slices.
- When burgers are done cooking, place each one on a piece of lettuce, and layer each burger with half of the refried beans (if using), sriracha mayo, salsa, avocado slices and tortilla strips (if using).
With Beyond Meat’s The Beyond Burger, you can have a delicious taco burger made with plant based protein but the taste and texture of real beef!
Make sure you Pin this on Pinterest for later!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.