This post (Sweet and Spicy Corn Lollipops) was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
As spring rolls in like a lion, I find it really easy to want to skip spring altogether and dive right into summer. I want the sunshine and 80-degree weather. I want to go to the beach. I want it to be light out until well after 8 pm. I want ice cream and cookouts. I want corn on the cob.
But corn on the cob just isn’t in season yet.
Or is it?
Thanks to Sunshine Sweet Corn, I don’t have to wait until summer to enjoy fresh corn.
Sunshine Sweet Corn is grown in Florida, so it’s available now in April and May, perfect for spring meals. Sunshine Sweet Corn is extra-tender, delicious and non-GMO, which is a huge plus for me and my family. Sunshine Sweet Corn can easily be enjoyed on the cob with some salt and butter, but they also have some great, creative recipes on their website. You will be surprised by the versatility of Sunshine Sweet Corn. I was intrigued by their Sweet & Spicy Corn Lollipops Recipe, so I decided to give it a try.
Sweet and Spicy Corn Lollipops
These delicious pops are pretty easy to make. Cut each ear into 3 pieces, boil, drain, and add sticks.
Then sprinkle with the spicy and sweet seasoning to serve.
These are quite good. It’s interesting how the bit of kick combines with the sweet corn and the sugar. They compliment each other perfectly! My son loved them, he only complained that I didn’t distribute the seasoning evenly, and he wanted a little bit more seasoning on each pop. So next time I might increase the quantities of that a bit.
For more information about Sunshine Sweet Corn, check out their social channels:
- Sunshine Sweet Corn on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/freshsweetcorn/
- Sunshine Sweet Corn on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sweetfreshcorn
- Sunshine Sweet Corn on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sweetfreshcorn/
- Sunshine Sweet Corn on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sweetfreshcorn/
Sunshine Sweet Corn is available at your local grocery store!
Sweet and Spicy Corn LollipopsPrint Rate
- With the tip of a knife poke a hole in one end of each piece of corn.
- In boiling salted water, cook corn for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, red pepper, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Pour melted butter into a pie plate.
- Drain corn well.
- Roll each piece in butter; insert a stick into one end; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture.