This is the first recipe I have ever made that I felt super proud of afterwards. I’ve had meals turn out good, but this one was superb. Beyond my expectations.
And my husband ate about 3/4 of it and just kept eating, which is an amazing sign.
It’s called chicken “parmesan” but it’s definitely not a traditional recipe with sauce. It uses whole grape tomatoes in lieu of tomato sauce and it was fantastic!
Skillet Chicken "Parmesan"
- Whisk together flour, 2 tsp of the Italian seasoning, and 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour & seasoning mixture.
- Heat oil in large broiler-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Of course I'm a big fan of cast iron.
- Add chicken and brown, turning, until golden and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Heat broiler.
- Add tomatoes and remaining 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning to skillet. Cook, stirring, until tomatoes are broken down and becoming saucy, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove pan from heat, place chicken into sauce, and top with cheese.
- Broil chicken 6" from heat until cheese is golden, about 2 minutes.
My husband said, and I quote “we are definitely adding this recipe to the list of things to make again.”