Last month, the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago invited my kids and I to visit and experience the Aquarium as if we were members as part of their Waddle Around Tours. We were provided access to the Aquarium before the general public and spent half the day there enjoying everything the Shedd has to offer.
The Shedd Aquarium opened its doors on May 30, 1930 and currently has 32,000 animals. The Shedd not only offers visitors the ability to see all sorts of aquatic creatures, they make an effort to support wildlife conservation & research. There is plenty for the kids can do too, from hands-on exhibits to interactive displays and more.
Visitors can enjoy the Shedd in its entirety, but membership at the Shedd comes with some great perks!
Shedd Aquarium Family Membership Benefits
$195 / year
- Admission for two adult cardholders and unlimited children
- Hassle free entrance
- Unlimited visits – all year long!
- Discounts on food at Shedd
- Access to Shedd’s incredible exhibits and activities
- Floor level exhibits (great for toddlers!)
- Interactive video games and touch screen info
- Free Teen Learning Lab
- Free entry to all exhibits
- Tickets to available daily aquatic shows
- Invitations to exclusive members events
- Early notices and discounts on learning classes and programs
- Free subscription to members publications
- Discounts in aquarium stores and restaurants
- Reciprocal benefits at select aquariums and zoos around the country
Check out some photos and videos from our visit:
We all enjoyed our visit to the Shedd. I hadn’t been there in years, and I really loved watching the wonder and amazement on my kids faces as they experienced the exhibits. They asked if we can go back soon, I’m sure we will!
If you visit the Shedd, I do recommend you get there as early as possible after they open, the line to get in can get kind of long after about 10 am.