I like things that masquerade as toys but are actually really great learning tools as well. When you have a kid who has already skipped a grade at age 9, it can be hard to find something that appeals to him and keeps his interest. He gets bored pretty easily if his mind isn’t challenged.
Which is one reason I am VERY excited about the Encyclopædia Britannica Interactive Science Library.
About the Encyclopædia Britannica Interactive Science Library:
The Encyclopedia Britannica 6-Book Interactive Science Library is a captivating and effective learning and entertainment center for people of all ages. The set includes:
- 1 SD-X Interactive Reader, a battery-powered pen that reads the words on the book pages and offers audio content such as facts, sound effects, and cross-references to other pages in the book.
- 6 fact-filled science books from the editors of Encyclopedia Britannica.
- 2 AAA batteries that power the SD-X Interactive Reader.
The Encyclopedia Britannica 6-Book Interactive Science Library cover topics that long have fascinated readers of all ages. Each hardcover, 80-page book is filled with factual text, and highly detailed photographs and illustrations. Here is a brief description of each of the books:
- Earth. Includes data on Earth’s formation, rocks and minerals, volcanoes and other dramatic events, and weather and climate.
- Humans. Includes information on early man, inventions and technology, and the human body.
- Animals. Includes data on invertebrates, amphibians, and mammals.
- Under the Sea. Includes information on ancient life, invertebrates, fish, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals.
- Dinosaurs, Reptiles, and Birds. Includes data on how the mighty creatures of prehistoric times live on today in their crawling and flying ancestors.
- Space. Includes information on the solar system and beyond, and man’s efforts to explore space.
The SD-X Interactive Reader works only with these six science books. The SD-X Interactive Reader and the books also are available separately. Additional offerings are two different sets of an SD-X Interactive Reader and three books.
It’s one thing to read about an interesting topic and another to have it come to life. The interactive reader that comes with this set can read the words on the pages but also has sound effects, facts and cross-references to other sections of the book.
There are 6 books, each with a unique topic that will appeal to elementary and middle school kids, encompassing all of the major areas of science.
This set goes beyond the books. Beyond the learning. And becomes fun.
Who on your shopping list this year would you consider buying this set for?
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.