On a whim awhile back I bought a 4 lb leg of lamb on sale because, well…why not?
And it sat in the freezer for months until the other day when I got brave enough to tackle cooking it. I invited my family over so the pressure was on.
I had researched a ton of recipes and found many of them to be time consuming and take all of these extra steps that I just wasn’t interested in dealing with. I’m a very distracted cook and too many specific steps is just asking for trouble.
So I opted for something simple.
And it worked. It was good!
It looked amazing right out of the oven.Print
- 4-5 lb leg of lamb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the olive oil over the entire surface of the lamb.
- Season with salt and pepper until surface is lightly coated.
- Place roast fat side up on a wire rack inside a baking dish.
- Spread minced garlic and rosemary over top of roast.
- Pour 1 cup of water into bottom of baking dish making sure it does not touch the bottom of the lamb.
- Roast for approximately 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 for “medium well”. Baste roast with pan juices frequently while cooking.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil and let roast sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
I really enjoyed this, as did everyone else. The flavor was delicious and it was a nice change of pace from the typical beef, chicken or pork we usually make. It paired great with corn on the cob and roasted potatoes.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.