On a whim awhile back I bought a 4 lb leg of lamb on sale because, well…why not?
And it sat in the freezer for months until the other day when I got brave enough to tackle cooking it. I invited my family over so the pressure was on.
I had researched a ton of recipes and found many of them to be time consuming and take all of these extra steps that I just wasn’t interested in dealing with. I’m a very distracted cook and too many specific steps is just asking for trouble.
So I opted for something simple.
And it worked. It was good!
It looked amazing right out of the oven.
Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic and RosemaryPrint Rate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the olive oil over the entire surface of the lamb.
- Season with salt and pepper until surface is lightly coated.
- Place roast fat side up on a wire rack inside a baking dish.
- Spread minced garlic and rosemary over top of roast.
- Pour 1 cup of water into bottom of baking dish making sure it does not touch the bottom of the lamb.
- Roast for approximately 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 for "medium well". Baste roast with pan juices frequently while cooking.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil and let roast sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
I really enjoyed this, as did everyone else. The flavor was delicious and it was a nice change of pace from the typical beef, chicken or pork we usually make. It paired great with corn on the cob and roasted potatoes.