Since 1906 RECARO has been designing seats for the automotive industry. They are a pioneer in seat technology and have introduced groundbreaking technologies in safety areas such as side impact protection, integrated seat belts and head support.
RECARO considers themselves unique from other car seat manufacturers. Their safety, comfort and quality focus is created through their knowledge and their engineering and their goal of creating the safest car seat available.
The RECARO ProSERIES of child safety seats was inspired by RECARO’s proven safety technology on the race track for race car seats.
You can learn a little more about RECARO in this video:
We were given the opportunity to test out a RECARO ProSERIES ProSPORT Combination Harness to Booster Seat.
About the ProSPORT:
My thoughts on the RECARO ProSPORT:
I have tried a lot of car seats in the last 7+ years and I have never been as impressed upon first glance as I was with the RECARO ProSPORT.
- The style: reminds me of a race car seat, it is protective where it needs to be but is not overly big and bulky or a strange shape that doesn’t fit well in my van.
- It has a carry handle on the top (ingenious).
- The latch clips are so cleverly designed and easy to use with push-button releases.
- The latch straps have an adjuster on each side, rather than being connected in the center with a single adjustment. This allowed me to get the seat much tighter against the van seat than any other car seat we have used. This seat does not move or slide at all!
- There is a pouch on the side to store the instruction manual so you always have it with the seat.
- It comes with WHALE (We Have A Little Emergency) program stickers – a child safety seat occupant identification program. ALL car seat manufacturers should include this with their seats.
- The focus on side impact protection. Plus the ProSport exceeded minimum crash test requirements and performed 30% better than NHTSA thresholds for head injury criteria.
- Adjusting the height of the 5-point harness is quick and easy.
- Built in storage pouches.
- The fabric is amazing and durable. It’s not denim, but it has a texture like denim and seems much easier to clean and keep clean.
My daughter just looks safer in the RECARO ProSPORT and I love having that peace of mind that sche actually is. She is more comfortable and more protected in more ways than one. And I will never ever have to buy another car seat for her again – as she grows the ProSPORT will grow with her, up to 120lbs and convert to a booster!
I have one “con” for this seat over others we have used.
No cup holders.
Cup holders are over-rated.
You can purchase a RECARO ProSPORT at Amazon.com. The current price is $275 and while that’s more expensive than your average car seat, I think it’s worth it.
SHE is worth it.
I received the RECARO ProSPORT in conjunction with MomSelect in order to facilitate my review.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.