I love the flavors and scents that fall brings, especially pumpkin. Lately on Facebook everyone has been talking about pumpkin lattes and pumpkin coffee, pumpkin creamer and all things coffee and pumpkin together.
But I have two problems with this.
First, I hardly ever go out so I rarely have the chance to order a pumpkin coffee.
Second, I am a purist with respect to my diet and try to make as much as I can from scratch. I think people don’t realize how easy it really is to make some of their favorite things instead of buying it pre-made.
So I figured I would try to make my own pumpkin creamer, and it was pretty easy. My version is also healthy too!
I used these ingredients:
Heated the half & half, pumpkin and Truvia (or Stevia) on the stove until bubbling.
Then I added in everything else, whisked until mixed and chilled.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Creamer recipe
- 1 cup fat free half & half skim milk works better because the pumpkin will thicken it up significantly
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- Truvia stevia or sugar to taste (1-2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat half & half, pumpkin and sugar (or Truvia) over medium heat until bubbling and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Wisk vanilla and spices into warm mixtures until well blended.
You can choose to top it off with some whipped cream and cinnamon or nutmeg sprinkled on top! Real whipped cream has around 25 calories so it’s actually a guilt-free treat.