It’s spring and summer is quickly approaching. With the nice weather comes all sorts of fun outdoor activities including picnics! Who doesn’t love a picnic? It’s a fun easy way to make an average day something special.
Pack up a basket, load the kids in the car, and head to the park. Voila, instant family fun time. Fresh air. Exercise and great food, especially if your picnic basket is filled with the same things mine is.
Kraft recently sent me an amazing picnic basket filled with Kraft products and coupons.
What’s in the basket?
- Miracle Whip
- New Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil and Cracked Pepper
- KRAFT Barbecue Sauce
- Wheat Thins Crunch Stix
- New JET-PUFFED STACKERMALLOWS Marshmallows
- TEDDY GRAHAMS
- CRYSTAL LIGHT on-the-go Iced Tea
- KOOL-AID Singles
- Country Time Lemonade
- Oscar Mayer coupon for free product
- New OSCAR MAYER CARVING BOARD coupon for free product
- OSCAR MAYER Selects Hot Dogs coupon for free product
- New KRAFT NATURAL Cheese Big Slice coupon for free product
- New CRACKER BARREL Slices coupon for free product
- KRAFT SINGLES coupon for free product
- JELL-O TEMPTATIONS coupon for free product
This basket and the variety of products is a great fit with our family. The only thing missing to make it a perfect picnic is a loaf of bread, some miscellaneous sandwich fixin’s like lettuce and pickles, some graham crackers and a couple of chocolate bars! When it comes to making sandwiches, my husband prefers Miracle Whip, I prefer Mayo and I can’t wait to try the New Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil & Cracked Pepper.
The Wheat Thins Crunch Stix are AWESOME. I tried them for the first time today and they are new favorite snack. I don’t know how they get them to taste that good! My daughter and I can’t get enough of them. We’re not sharing with my husband and son.
Also, I love the idea of the new Jet-Puffed Stackermallow Marshmallows. They are perfect for makes s’mores because they are already flat! My daughter and I tried a couple. Yeah, they taste like flat marshmallows – but the idea is GREAT!
As for making some sandwiches, Kraft has some recipes that sound really yummy!
This one is my favorite, and they sell pretzel rolls at our local grocery store so I’m definitely giving this sandwich a try.
Prep Time: 5 min. | Makes: 2 servings.
What You Need
- 1 pretzel sandwich roll, split
- 1 Tbsp. KRAFT SANDWICH SHOP Horseradish Dijon Flavored Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
- 2 CLAUSSEN Kosher Dill Sandwich Slices
- 3 oz. OSCAR MAYER CARVING BOARD Slow Cooked Ham
- 2 KRAFT Big Slice Colby Jack Cheese Slices
- Spread cut sides of roll with mayonnaise.
- Fill with remaining ingredients
- Cut in half.
Kraft Kitchens tips
- Substitute: Substitute a 5-inch piece of Italian bread for the pretzel roll.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 320 calories, 12g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 5g sugars, 19g protein, 6%DV vitamin A, 15%DV vitamin C, 25%DV calcium, 15%DV iron
To help make your picnic PERFECT, Kraft has provided some tips to help plan your summer picnic:
Kraft Kitchen Experts’ Tips for Summer Picnicking
- Keep your prepared foods in the fridge until it’s time to pack them up.
- Don’t forget to bring some items that will get you moving. Consider packing a Frisbee, a couple of mitts and a baseball, a soccer ball or a football. If you live fairly close to the park, take your bikes, walk or rollerblade.
- Pack some sweet treats. Try fresh fruit such as melon and berries, Teddy Grahams Cookies or frozen Jell-O Pudding Cups as an alternate to ice cream.
- Pack sunscreen! Even if it’s overcast or you’re lying in the shade, wearing sunscreen is always a good idea.
- For food safety tips on serving food outdoors, click here: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/healthy-living-ideas/articles/food-safety/foodsafetylinks.aspx
For more amazing recipes from Kraft, both for your summer picnics and all kinds of summer meals needs, check out the Kraft Foods recipes website.
ENTER TO WIN A PICNIC BASKET FILLED WITH GREAT KRAFT FOOD AND FREE COUPONS
One winner will receive a picnic basket filled with Kraft products & coupons similar to the one pictured above.
HOW TO ENTER (mandatory):
To enter, leave a comment and tell me what your ideal picnic basket is filled with. What ONE THING must be in your picnic basket?
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES (optional):
Must complete required entry in order to qualify for extra entries.
- Follow me on Twitter – 1 EXTRA
- Follow Kraft Foods on Twitter – 1 EXTRA
- Tweet the following or something similar (leave the link to each new Tweet each day) – 1 EXTRA PER DAY
It’s picnic time! Enter to win a picnic basket FILLED with food from @KraftFoods & @WhatsThatSmell http://on.fb.me/apQWEj
- Like my page on Facebook – 1 EXTRA
- Like Kraft Foods on Facebook – 1 EXTRA
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar of my site) – 1 EXTRA
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall – 1 EXTRA PER DAY
Please leave a separate comment for EACH extra entry. Provide links to Tweets, Facebook wall, blog posts, etc. as required for the entry.
Giveaway is open to the USA and ends on June 24, 2011 at noon CST. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will be contacted by email. Winner will have 48 hrs to respond. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted email filter. If original winner does not claim their prize within 48 hrs, it is forfeit and a new winner will be selected promptly.
Note: I received the products pictured from Kraft Foods and Kraft Foods also provided the basket for this giveaway. Opinions expressed are my own.