I’m pretty sure I don’t need to say much more after you see that picture.
Frozen, yummy goodness.
And only 3 ingredients.
You can use whatever frozen fruit you prefer, we opted for the peaches and it was fantastic but you could use raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, apples, cherries, whatever your heart desires!
The recipe describes the process using a Vitamix but you can use a regular blender as well.
- 1 lb frozen fruit
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Put everything into the Vitamix in order listed.
- Select variable switch and 1 on the dial
- Turn machine on and turn dial to variable 10
- Flip switch to high
- Using the tamper, press the ingredients down into the blades as it blends.
- Continue for 30-60 seconds and you will notice that it forms 4 mounds on top.
- Stop and serve.
- It will melt rather quickly but you can refreeze and serve later.
If you have fresh peaches you can use 3 fresh, ripe, pitted peaches and 4 cups of ice in lieu of the frozen.
My daughter loves this sorbet, but like all things frozen she prefers to let it melt almost completely before eating.
Oh well, to each her own!
You could also pour this recipe into fruit pop molds and make homemade popsicles. If that is your intent you probably want to double the ingredients.
What sorbet flavor is your favorite?