I am not a good packer.
When it comes to packing a suitcase I don’t seem to be able to put very much in one, especially not compared to my husband.
I don’t know why but I just can’t seem to maximize the space provided in my suitcase so I end up needing 2, and that’s just for a weekend trip.
But, when faced with a challenge of fitting as much as possible into one carry-on suitcase, well…I was up for the challenge. I figured maybe it would help me become a better packer!
Atlantic Luggage sent me a 21″ Expandable Carry-On Spinner Suiter from their Compass 2 line and challenged me to pack everything I would need for a family vacation into it.
About the Compass 2 line from Atlantic Luggage:
Compass® 2 Collection
The only way to roll.™
The Compass® 2 Collection includes unique 4-wheel Spinners, a Wheeled Tote and a Shoulder Tote at very affordable prices. Easily maneuverable over any terrain, this ultra-lightweight luggage collection includes smart organizing features and extra durable wheel systems to make travel easier. With spacious interiors, satin accents and stylish upgrades, Compass® 2 luggage is the only way to roll.
Before I tell you about how successful I was (or not) with the challenge, let me share some things about this bag that make it great:
- Spinner wheels – wow, 4 wheels are so much easier to deal with than 2. It rolls right along with me and makes turns on a dime.
- Durable construction – everything on this bag seems solid and well-built and able to last a very long time.
- Expandable – this feature was made for me. I fit so much more into the bag because I could unzip part of it and increase the capacity.
- Large front/exterior pockets – the pockets on the front of the suitcase are very large, the top one even goes all the way down to the bottom of the bag unlike most suitcases.
- Garment bag – sometimes I pack an outfit I want to keep as unwrinkled as possible. This suitcase came with a small garment bag!
- Interior mesh pocket – for smaller items that you don’t want to be digging through the entire suitcase for.
Ok, so I like the suitcase.
But can it hold everything I need for a family vacation?
In the past, I needed a full sized checked back and a carry-on bag just for a 3-4 day weekend trip, but I went into this with an open mind ready to give this bag a run for its money.
Here is a list of what I fit into the suitcase:
- Pair of sandals
- 4 pairs of pajamas
- Bag of toiletries
- 7 days worth of socks & undergarments
- 9 shirts
- Pair of sweatpants
- 2 pairs jeans
- 8 pairs shorts
- 3 crossword puzzle books
- Baseball hat
- Pair of sunglasses
- Empty handbag
If I were better at rolling things and packing like my husband, I bet I could have fit more in there too. Although as it was, the zipper took a bit of effort to close and if the wheels were all turned in the same direction it tipped over. So it was pretty full!
I really was quite surprised by how many things fit into this bag, and I was kinda sad to have to unpack it afterwards without having anywhere to go. But Atlantic Luggage isn’t leaving me high and dry! I can enter to win a 2 day vacation for 2 adults and 2 children to Legoland in Florida, and you can too. And if I win, I know I will be able to pack everything we need in my new suitcase!
Enter to win the Atlantic Luggage and Legoland Sweepstakes.
The prize is a 2-day vacation for 2 adults and 2 kids to Legoland in Florida. It includes hotel room for 2 nights, a car voucher, a meet and greet with a Legoland master builder and a free set of Atlantic Luggage.
If you win you can check out the new waterpark that opened in Legoland in May 2012. It has a wave pool, tube slides and body slides. You can also design and build a LEGO vessel that you can then put on the lazy river 1,000 foot long.
It all sounds like so much fun!
Have you ever been to Legoland?
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.