There aren’t a whole lot of video games out there that appeal specifically to girls, and some of the ones that do don’t always send the right message. Southpeak Games “My Baby” series for the Nintendo DS (and the latest one is available for Wii as well) are ideal for young girls. They get to play with dolls virtually! The latest game in the series, My Baby First Steps has you taking care of a baby from 1 year to 3 years old with all the challenges of taking care of a real baby and none of the mess!
Your baby has grown so fast! Can you believe that a year has already gone by? Take care of your baby from their 1st birthday until they’re 3 years old. Your baby will discover its entire environment and learn from it, they’ll walk, babble and speak, try to catch every object they can, and put everything in their mouth… Your baby will be the apple of your eye!
- Your baby looks more lifelike than ever with brand new 3D animations and reactions
- Make sure that your baby has the latest trends with even more items; customize your furniture, clothes, and hair just to name a few…
- With a new and improved AI your baby will react as if they were in the room with you
- Innovative gameplay that is based on stylus, touch pad, voice recognition, and the microphone – not a compilation of mini-games
- Interact with your baby whenever you want and experience real baby-like reactions
- Watch your baby grow from both a physical and psychological point of view
Try out the My Baby First Steps mini game and see for yourself how challenging and rewarding it is to raise a virtual baby!
My Baby First Steps is a 1 player game for Nintendo DS and Wii and is rated E for everyone. While I believe the target audience is girls, I think there are plenty of boys who might enjoy playing it to. If you have a young girl (or boy) on your Christmas list this year and they enjoy video games and playing with dolls, My Baby First Steps is a great option to consider. It is a family-friendly game that provides a unique and challenging way for kids to play with dolls.
Available Nov. 3rd 2009.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.