What’s for dinner?
The dreaded question.
My husband and I both look at each other waiting for the other person to volunteer to cook. Yeah, I got lucky, I got a good one who actually cooks better than I do.
But that rarely happens anymore.
I have discovered something in only a couple short weeks of meal planning.
It’s totally worth it and I don’t know why I never did this before.
It completely takes the stress out of mealtime. And we no longer stare at each other expectantly only to find that we are both very, very good at the game where the one who blinks first admits defeat.
This week had a bit of craziness to it, causing us to improvise one night and substitute on another. But some how I have three meals left from last week so apparently I can’t add. In any case, everything I did make tasted fantastic, and much of it will be made again.
This weeks meal plan:
- Roast Beast from the Eat Like a Dinosaur cookbook pg 101
- Carrot Cashew Soup (with walnuts instead of cashews) from the Livwise cookbook pg 115
- Jalapeno & Bacon burgers (minus the jalapenos) with carrot “buns” from The 21 Day Sugar Detox pg 120
- Butternut squash fries
- Seasoned mushrooms
- Shepherd’s Pie from The 21 Day Sugar Detox pg 134
- Tomato & Green Onion Faux-caccia from The 21 Day Sugar Detox pg 186
- Paleo Pizza – Crust, sausage, mushrooms and cheese toppings.
- White Chicken Chili
- Paleo Cornbread
I call this a paleo meal plan because it does fall into the general Paleo guidelines. We do consume dairy as part of our diets but you could obviously replace any diary products with a dairy-free alternative.
If you are looking for a meal plan that isn’t Paleo, check out Paula’s Busy Family meal plan. She usually has a lot of great things on there, a couple of them I even want to try and modify for my own meal plan!
Also for some tips on shopping for healthy foods, check out this article: How can I shop for healthy & delicious food?.
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.