You know what, following any kind of restrictive diet can be boring. You often find yourself in a rut, eating the same foods day and day out. In a way, it’s easier but it also makes it easier to just give in and eat all the things. So I thought I’d try something a little different. Something reminiscent of the triple berry chicken salad I enjoy in the summer. With the sweet fruity flavor of raspberries but for a meal that feels like dinner. So I came up with this low carb raspberry chicken recipe.
Low Carb Raspberry Chicken
I hope you enjoy it, it’s a bit different and should break up your routine, especially if you have been in a rut when it comes to dinner planning.
Aside from chicken thighs and raspberries, you probably have the rest of the ingredients already in your pantry for this low carb raspberry chicken. You can use a smoothie style blender or a regular blender to make the marinade. All of the directions are in the recipe below!
What’s great about this too is you can get it in the marinade the night before, then it’s ready to cook for dinner the next day.
You can serve it with any veggie you like but I like it with green beans because they taste awesome dipped in the sauce.
Looking for more low carb recipes? We have a bunch of them here: low carb recipes.Print
- 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon paprika, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- Combine the raspberries, garlic, thyme, oregano, paprika and vinegar in a blender
- Place the chicken thighs in a container and cover with marinade, reserving at least 1/4 cup for serving.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F and cook chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F, about 25 minutes.
- In a small pot, heat remaining marinade until warm.
- Serve with additional sauce on top, a sprinkle of oregano and thyme and green beans and peppers on the side.
Nutrition information provided is for information only. It is approximate and may vary based upon actual brands and products used. Please, very all nutrition information for your own purposes.
- Serving Size: 1 thigh
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 98
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 25
Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get updates and great stuff via email including subscriber-only goodies like free printables and giveaways.