Scroll down to the bottom of this post for the printable low carb creamy lemon chicken recipe.
Lemon and chicken go together like peas and carrots. It’s a match made in heaven. When these two flavors are mixed together, magic happens. Add a cream sauce and wow! I have been seeing a lot of one skillet lemon chicken recipes on Pinterest lately and I knew that I had to make a low carb version for myself.
Looks amazing right? I have some quick prep photos for you, then keep reading to get the recipe.
You can use any kind of oven-proof skillet for this recipe. I prefer Lodge cast iron. Made in the USA and no potentially dangerous toxins leaching into your food.
Plus cast iron will last forever with a little bit of attention given to proper care.
You can use your favorite healthy oil to cook the chicken instead of butter but I have discovered that chicken (and steak) seared in butter has a far better flavor. It’s just a trickier process to keep the butter from burning. If you can manage it, it’s delicious!
I read somewhere that at least 1/3 of your plate should be vegetables. I prefer to have half of my plate filled with veggies and green beans are a personal favorite but you could serve this with steamed broccoli or whatever your favorite vegetable may be.
Low Carb Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe
Enjoy and don’t forget to check out our other low carb recipes.
Low Carb Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika or to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet, then add garlic and stir for 1 minute before adding the chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add in the cream cheese and simmer until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Continue to cook the sauce about 5-7 minutes so the sauce becomes thicker. You don't want the sauce to be too runny!
- Once your sauce is to the desired thickness, return the chicken to the skillet.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes until it reaches 165F
- Serve with extra sauce.
Note: nutrition information provided is approximate and may vary. Please calculate your own individual ingredients.