Ham and chicken and cheese is a match made in heaven, especially when paired with a delicious sauce. And this low carb chicken cordon bleu casserole has a super secret ingredient that you are going to love!
Keep reading to learn what it is.
I am a huge fan of casserole recipes for weekday dinners. You can make them ahead of time, the night before or the morning of, then just pop it in the oven at dinner time. Makes cleanup easier too. You just need a veggie side, steamed broccoli is a great compliment.
This would probably freeze well too.
You eat healthily, so I thought you might be interested in these printable workouts too! Click the images below to check them out.
You will need a 9 x 13 casserole dish for this and a blender (a smoothie blender would work perfectly) to make the sauce. Spray the dish with cooking spray. I love this coconut oil spray from Spectrum Naturals.
Then start layering your ingredients. Start with the chicken.
Then add the ham slices.
The third layer is the sauce layer, then you add the secret ingredient and top with shredded cheese.
Bake and let the magic happen!
Any guesses about the secret ingredient?
It adds a bit of crunch and texture to the dish.
Pork rinds, yum!
Grab the recipe below and check out these amazing casserole recipes:
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Try one of my quick, easy, and affordable dinner recipes for your next family meal! And if you have any questions, I'm here to help!
Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
For the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. butter softened
- 6 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the chicken in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Next, layer with ham slices.
- Combine the butter, cream cheese and broth in a smoothie blender and puree until smooth. Pour over the ham slices.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crushed pork rinds, grated parmesan, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle this topping mixture over the cheese to create the next layer.
- Cover with shredded cheese and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until chicken reaches at least 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- Optional: while baking, create a second batch of sauce in a small saucepan to pour over casserole. There may be enough sauce left in the pan to spoon over the top, however. It really just depends on how much sauce you want.