One of my most favorite meals ever is a burrito bowl from Chipotle. The combinations for different flavors and textures all combine for an amazing and delicious lunch or dinner. The only real complaint I have following a low carb diet, is that a keto burrito bowl ends up kind of small when you aren’t adding beans and rice to it.
So I figured maybe it made more sense to try and make my own recipe using my cauliflower cilantro lime rice recipe. I figured it would add texture and volume to the bowl making it more filling.
In some ways this recipe can be used as a guide to create your own custom burrito bowl. You aren’t limited by the ingredients I chose, you can change it up to your liking. Use steak instead of chicken, add pico de gallo, sour cream, ground beef, olives, etc. You could also add black beans depending on how low carb you need the dish to be.
If you aren’t following a low carb diet, you could also use brown rice in place of the cauliflower rice. If you are vegetarian or vegan, you obviously want to eliminate the meat, and maybe the cheese. Check out my vegan recipe that can easily be kept low carb too.
This is a versatile dish too, because everyone can customize it by choosing their own favorite toppings.
Low Carb Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
This makes a great “taco bar” scenario so it’s perfect for parties. To save a ton of time, you can use rotisserie chicken and just heat it with the salsa and seasonings in step 4.
Low Carb Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Make the rice per the recipe.
- While the rice is cooking, make and shred the chicken per that recipe.
- Drain the pan and return the shredded chicken to it.
- Add salsa and taco seasoning to the chicken and simmer over low heat, stirring until combined and thoroughly heated.
- Divide rice into 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl of rice with 1/4 of the remaining ingredients: chicken, cheese, avocado, lime (you can squeeze the juice over the bowl), onion, sour cream, jalapeno and red pepper. Or any combination of these ingredients depending upon taste.
Pin this on Pinterest:
Or choose one of our other Pinterest-ready graphics below: