This cauliflower casserole is a healthier baked casserole meatloaf style dish. It’s a low carb cauliflower casserole so it’s great for keto diets and anyone looking for healthy options. Easy to make ahead of time and even freeze for a future dinner.
Even if you don’t follow a low carb diet, this loaded cauliflower casserole is a great option for families looking to eat healthier. It’s kind of like a shepherd’s pie with cauliflower but filled with delicious things like cheese and bacon.
Give it a shot, it’s delicious!
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole – Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
Things you need for this recipe:
- Loaf pan – You can also make this in a 9×9 casserole dish as well.
- Pork rinds – These get ground up and mixed in with the ground beef.
- Food Processor – Pureeing the cauliflower is much easier with a food processor.
- Worcestershire sauce – Amazon Prime pantry has a great price on an organic brand of this!
- Tomato paste – I prefer to buy tomato paste in bulk because I always seem to never have enough when I need it.
This is definitely a great recipe to make ahead and freeze, especially if you get some disposable loaf pans.
I know, I had you at bacon.
The kids won’t even know that’s cauliflower.
Before I get to the recipe, let me suggest some of our other recipes as well. Many are low carb, but you don’t have to follow a low carb diet to enjoy them.
- Easy Mexican Casserole
- Beef Brisket Slow Cooker recipe
- Keto Nachos
- Low Carb Beef Enchilada Casserole
Cauliflower Casserole - Low Carb Beef and Cheese Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large head of cauliflower or 2 cups mashed cauliflower
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked chopped bacon (about 4-5 small pieces)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop cauliflower into pieces and boil in water for 10 minutes, drain and puree in a food processor with heavy cream.
- Stir in salt and pepper to mashed cauliflower.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onions, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add pork rinds and egg to the meat mixture and mix completely.
- Press the meatloaf mixture evenly into a loaf pan.
- Spread the mashed cauliflower over the meatloaf and smooth down.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly on top and then add the chopped bacon.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and continue to cook for 10 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at lease 165 degrees F.